eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Tia
Cookie Monster

EW Cash: 5476.00
Tia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem Web

Old Car help, please @ 07-12-2004, 05:16 PM

I want to buy a car. My mom lets me drive hers, but I'm planning on moving to Illinois, and even if my mom would let me just have her car since she also has a truck I don't want her car. It's a piece of shit.

I want a car that's pretty new, if not brand new then like maybe 2-4 years old I guess. And I want one that runs really good. I don't give a shit about any other features. I'm not a car person. Just one that runs good. Looks wise, I want a small car. A guy I work with says if you are driving a small car and get in an accident you will die much faster. He said it like it was a bad thing! Me personally, if I'm dyin' I hope it's fast as possible.

Small cars are cute, they match me (I'm tiny) and they are easy to park LMAO. The PT Cruiser looks awesome, but even if I didn't have better things to spend cash on I wouldn't be blowin' $20,000.00 on something I will barely drive in. Price wise, I do not want to pay a ton of money. I make lots of money as a BE salesperson, but I ain't plannin' on spending most of it on a damn car. That's not me.

So yeah, since I don't know shit about cars, whats one thats 1) cheap 2) runs good and 3) small?

Last edited by Tia; 07-12-2004 at 05:19 PM..
  Tia is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
BlueFlames

EW Cash: 1920.00
BlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad gameBlueFlames has mad game

Send a message via AIM to BlueFlames
Old Re: Car help, please @ 07-12-2004, 09:56 PM

Well, I have a station wagon. It is a 94 not too big but not small it runs pretty good.

From what I've been told just stay away from Chryslers mainly. They run for shit and their easy to steal.

I have a little ford tempo too. That car gets great mileage! Personally, it seems to me if people take care of their cars you should have fewer problems.

Ask a mechanic.

good luck in your search

"You cant take it with you, whether it be money, knowledge or kindness. So, be generous and share while you can." !
  BlueFlames is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
slimfrikinshady
spaceman spiff

EW Cash: 0.00
slimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to slimfrikinshady Send a message via Yahoo to slimfrikinshady
Old Re: Car help, please @ 07-14-2004, 01:59 AM

honda civics are a pretty good buy.. they're reletively cheap (bout 15,000 new) and cheaper used.. great gas miliage and they generally run for a long ass time. think about how many old hondas are still on the road..

kia's are cheap.. won't last a lifetime or anything, but it should run pretty good for a while. don't know if I'd buy a used one tho..

chevies are pretty good for running for a long time.. fords and pontiacs suck in that respect.

that's all I can think of for now.
Tyke
sell yourself short

EW Cash: 2770.00
Tyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem WebTyke owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Tyke
Old Re: Car help, please @ 07-14-2004, 02:49 AM

Yeah, hondas are great cars.
  Tyke is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Tia
Cookie Monster

Tia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Car help, please @ 07-14-2004, 03:44 PM

I'm going through some hard times right now guys...I was talking to another guy at work today that's into cars and he told me to stay away from Pontiacs and basically all American cars when I told him I wanted a Sunfire. He recommended I get a Honda.

Problem is, there isn't a Honda dealer in my town, and my mom won't take me to Columbus because she is being really mean to me right now. She's unhappy about her life and her financial problems - she can no longer work and is in the process of filing for disability, she's living on $300 a month welfare plus the $400 rent Josh and I pay. She always acts this way, she doesn't think I am allowed to be happy unless she is.

She started saying negative things to me yesterday when I said how when I move to Rockford, IL this year I will have an hour drive to work, in West Chicago. She was telling me I was stupid and this and that, to pay that much for gas. I have been holding back and biting my tongue for months now while she takes shit out on me and is verbally abusive to me, to the point where I think I'm going to loose it if I don't move out of her house, but I had enough.

I was like "No, you're stupid" and explained how it's so damn expensive to live in Chicago but that I would have a job transfer there from the company I work for now, and how I would be making so much money that paying a little extra for gas and having such cheap rent in Rockford (literally half what I'd pay in Chicago) would be perfectly worth it. She still kept saying shit to me about how I don't know anything and I'm messing up my life, and told me to get out of her room. I lost it and said "How about I get out of your life, forever? I'm so tired of you never being happy for me and always talking down to me anytime anything goes right for me that once I move I don't care if I ever talk to you again".

Then today I come home from work, and hear her talking on the phone to my Nana, telling her how I'm such a bitch or whatever, and telling Nana not to co-sign for me. Nana is basically the only person who can co-sign for me. I have a credit card I've been paying in full, on time, but I've only had it a few months. My mom is determined to ruin my life. She's an amazing person on a good day, but for every good day she has 50 bad ones. She's treated me this way since I was a toddler, and she's admitted that she is "jealous" of my relationship with Nana, so she does anything to try and prevent Nana from helping me out in life. She wants me to take care of her and parent her, and I've done it for years and years - never even got the childhood she had. But she doesn't appreciate it at all. All she does is try to make me feel bad about myself because she doesn't like who she is or how her life is.

She's tried to keep me from getting my license, even though she always went off on me anytime I needed a ride from her to somewhere, like my fucking job I work at to pay her bills. Then I'd beg her to let me get some practice driving with her in the car, and she'd scream at me and tell me I'm stupid the entire time I was first trying to learn how to drive. Then I started practicing without her in the car. But now she is determined to keep me from even getting a car at all. She was only going to let me have hers because she didn't want to drive me anywhere and because her car always needs something fixed on it anyways.

Last edited by Tia; 07-14-2004 at 03:50 PM..
  Tia is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Tia
Cookie Monster

Old Re: Car help, please @ 07-14-2004, 04:01 PM

Wow, I haven't ranted like that ^^ in a while!

Anyways, I don't think I'm going to be able to get a Honda, or even visit a Honda dealer. My mom won't even let me drive her car now. She was driving pretty fucking scary yesterday to take Josh to the station in Columbus (he's on vacation in Chicago now). She always bitches about driving up there, but when I ask if I can do it she's all "NO!!!" Meanwhile, I'm scared to even be in the car with her. Her multiple sclerosis is really bad now, she has no business on the road.

I'm thinking of going to the Buckeye Ford here on Saturday. I'm interested in these '01 and '02 Ford Mustang convertibles - both of them are silver, my favorite car color, and both are in my price range. Maybe I can talk to Nana and she can co-sign for me, although she doesn't like to do anything that would upset my mom because all my mom does is intimidate the hell out of her, even though mom probably wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for Nana always saving her ass.