eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Emcee Area > Mine Fields

Closed Thread

Ghetto Ninja
Die In A Fire

EW Cash: 12063.00
Ghetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud ofGhetto Ninja has much to be proud of

Send a message via ICQ to Ghetto Ninja Send a message via AIM to Ghetto Ninja
Old 12-10-2002, 01:02 PM

k i'm not american either but i'm glad u didn't generalize as i'm canadian an can speak multiple languages so i'm great! LOL

peoples opinions r peoples opinions... s'all im gonna leave it at...
  Ghetto Ninja is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Phrantic
Home Dogg

EW Cash: 0.00
Phrantic is a jewel in the roughPhrantic is a jewel in the roughPhrantic is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Phrantic Send a message via AIM to Phrantic
Old 12-10-2002, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FöCü§
k i'm not american either but i'm glad u didn't generalize as i'm canadian an can speak multiple languages so i'm great! LOL

peoples opinions r peoples opinions... s'all im gonna leave it at...
yea youre cool

EW Cash: 2380.00
-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game

Old 12-10-2002, 08:42 PM

I'd serve that whole board. Fuck them.

LU.G.-T.O.L.M.M.S/C-E.S.K.-M.I.A.

-NinjaMic- is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Crazee
What, me worry?

EW Cash: 427229.00
Crazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem WebCrazee owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Crazee Send a message via MSN to Crazee Send a message via Yahoo to Crazee
Old 12-11-2002, 02:55 AM

I'll happen to let you know that what I call a multi, so does Ninja and ReQ. And many others, who know shit.

What you are using is in-bar rhyming.

mission is one word. One word can not be a "combo"(multi) if rhymed with another single word. Basically, Torment's shit was simplistic in rhyme scheme. But g'head back to your ignorance. It should be amusing.

Throughout history there’s been mad religious leaders
Prophets, preachers, scholars, teachers
But when it came to the grave, no one could climb out
That’s where Jesus stands alone like taking a ‘timeout’
And don’t be mislead- I got a level head
No resurrection, Christianity would have never spread
The disciples weren’t stupid guys who would ruin their lives
And then choose to die for what they knew was a lie
That would be beyond ridiculous- Nah, the issue is
The risen Christ seen by 500 eye-witnesses
Imagine 500 people in a court of law
Each of them taking the stand reporting what they saw
If their stories lined up and made sense
The evidence would have to leave you convinced
But still it’s by faith that we trust and praise the Son
Who was raised for our justification

-Shai Linne "Jesus is Alive
  Crazee is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old 12-11-2002, 06:13 AM

Multie's ARE rhyming words/clusters of words which have more than one syllable (<not very well put, basically what Sex' said)

multisyllabic = a word with, not suprisingly, "multiple" "syllables"
I guess pollysyllabic could be used as well considering that's 2 or more syllables.

BTW, things like:

"mortician/
Sign a petition to get Jizm down as a musician/"

Isn't a "combo"... 'pet-' and 'mus-' don't rhyme, so your rhyme is '-ition' and '-ician'

That's what basically his whoel verse was like.
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
T1 Req
You Evil Metal Man

EW Cash: 5.00
T1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to T1 Req
Old 12-11-2002, 06:24 AM

But..."ission" is two syllables...right?
So, technically isn't it a multi?
I don't view it as one but then there's lots of two-syllable rhymes that I do call multis (Make the lead work/put you in the red dirt). Help me
  T1 Req is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Bullet
Rookie

EW Cash: 0.00
Bullet has tight gameBullet has tight game

Send a message via AIM to Bullet
Old 12-11-2002, 08:39 AM

yeah..let's have a disussion about multis and combos of niet natuurlijk
  Bullet is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
MCD
MINE - love nex

EW Cash: 384072.50
MCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem WebMCD owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to MCD Send a message via MSN to MCD Send a message via Yahoo to MCD
Old 12-11-2002, 09:07 AM

anyway..like i said..i refer to 'MULTIPLES' as words -(internally)- that rhyme and are 'MULTI-SYLLABIC'.

anyway..why was that board all in like German or some shit?...

MCTorment got tortured fooz......

MCD is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old 12-11-2002, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by T1 Req
But..."ission" is two syllables...right?
So, technically isn't it a multi?
I don't view it as one but then there's lots of two-syllable rhymes that I do call multis (Make the lead work/put you in the red dirt). Help me
Yeah, I would definetly consider that a multi. It was actually a bad example I used because '-ition' is 2 syllables I suppose but it could also be taken as one.

To make it clearer: "I'll make you dead/you've got blonde hair, but I'll turn it red" clearly isn't a multi but I suppose some things are debatable.

Last edited by Riz; 12-11-2002 at 10:01 AM..
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
-NinjaMic-
Huge Member

EW Cash: 2380.00
-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game

Old 12-11-2002, 01:54 PM

Single word rhymes can indeed be polysyllabic if they have more than one syllable, but technically you're not creating a multisyllable rhyme... the word is.

illmatic
stillmatic

That's not a crafted multi, it's just two words that rhyme and happen to have three syllables each. It deserves no credit or recognition because it's as basic as rhyming trigga with nigga, and cat with fat.

illmatic
still at it
(kill faggots)

That's a multi. The syllables are consonant yet mostly unique. It deserves credit because the writer consciously arranged paralleling syllables to be in accord with each other.

wtf @ "it's called a COMBO"... I've never talked to anyone in the industry, or in general that calls multi-syllable rhyming a "combo". That's not what it's called, and it's completely audacious to demeaningly impart imaginary knowledge.

You're thinking of dog's, which I call cats. If you don't know that dogs are called cats you're stupid and shouldn't even be discussing them.

Having successive rhymes in a line isn't even an applicable concept to begin with, because the reality of bars is not constructed in "lines". It can't be a defined concept since there is no restrictions on how long a line could be, let alone be called a "MULTI".

Rhymes are either on beat or offbeat, and they're either polysyllabic or monosyllabic. There's either alot of them or a few of them. Rhyming in succession is an extended rhyme scheme, and rhyming many times between 4/4 meters of rythm is called inter-rhyming. Incorrectly delineating both of those together into an already defined term, excluding the actual definition, and mis-naming the original definition is just plain retarded.

LU.G.-T.O.L.M.M.S/C-E.S.K.-M.I.A.

-NinjaMic- is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Closed Thread