eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion > Debate forum

*~Leah Bia~*
Bank's baby girl. :)

EW Cash: 31285.00
*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web

Send a message via MSN to *~Leah Bia~*
Old Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 09:02 AM

What are your thoughts on this? Is it wrong for a doctor to assist in suicide if a person is in so much pain that they decide they no longer want to live that way? Or should they run the course of their life?

Jack Kevorkian is being released today. If you don't know about him...check out this link.

http://www.fansoffieger.com/kevo.htm

Do you think he was wrong for doing what he did?

The poll results on that website:
http://fiegerfans.freepolls.com/cgi-bin/pollresults/005

EW Cash: 17185.00
~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM

I'm unsure where I stand on this exactly.

On one hand I think it's weird that we see it as perfectly normal/humane to put animals "out of their misery" when they can't even tell us what they would like us to do, yet many people don't believe that human beings who are capable of using words to tell us what they think/feel, who are suffering with terminal illnesses or whatever, don't deserve the opportunity?

I think that's really where my line is drawn, I just figured it out, at least for this moment. In cases of extreme illness/terminal illness where a person is suffering, I would rather them not do it, but I think they should be able to decide that for themselves basically.

My grandfather had lung cancer and suffered for 6 months. In the last 2 weeks or so of his life, he wasn't even him, he was on so much pain medication it was ridiculous. If he had been stronger, or had somebody to do it for him, I know for a fact he would have chosen to go out before his family had to watch him waste away the way he did. When my mom tells me the stories about the months leading to his death it makes me sick to my stomach. Nobody should be forced to deal with that if it's not what they want.
  ~*me*~ is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
~*me*~
HP

EW Cash: 17185.00
~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web~*me*~ is one of the illest on Eminem Web

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 10:02 AM

Oh by the way, I think Kevorkian was wrong, not necessarily because of what he did, but because he did it illegally.

Whether it should be legal or not really isn't the case, he broke the law. To me it's like people driving drunk, letting minors drink, or minors drinking on their own and getting caught. You make a choice to do something knowing full well that it is illegal, you should be prepared to suffer the consequences of those actions.
  ~*me*~ is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
*~Leah Bia~*
Bank's baby girl. :)

EW Cash: 31285.00
*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web

Send a message via MSN to *~Leah Bia~*
Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 10:37 AM

Yeah, I see what ur saying. I watched my uncle go through the same thing. He lived with us at the time when he was dying of lung cancer, that spread to his brain also. It was so painful to see him like that. He couldn't even move in the last few weeks, he wouldn't take his red wings hat off either because he had no hair. *We buried him with that hat because he wore it all the time

Anyways, yeah, I think he just wanted to go. I mean, who really wants to live in pain when they are well aware that they are going to die anyways?

But then again, who's place is it really to take their life?

I don't know where I stand on this. I think my opinion varies on certain situations.

EW Cash: 15.00
martandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant futuremartandpart2 has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to martandpart2
Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 10:38 AM

If I am the doctor and some guy tells me that he wants to die, the first I'll do is get the hottest nurse in the hospital to ask for his number and then I'll go in his room and say ,"Ok we're ready to kill you now." and he'd be like " You know what doc, the pain isnt that bad really"
But I'd kill people like him anyway because I was reading in this other thread that Leah finds serial killers interesting. And if you dont know already, Leah is hot.
Random question:- Do u have to kill people in a certain order to be a serial killer?
  martandpart2 is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
sanely_insane
-CRAKE-

EW Cash: 4849.00
sanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Websanely_insane owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 10:49 AM

serial killer- kills people in a pattern
  sanely_insane is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
JeFF

EW Cash: 803.00
JeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem Web

Send a message via Yahoo to JeFF
Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina View Post

On one hand I think it's weird that we see it as perfectly normal/humane to put animals "out of their misery" when they can't even tell us what they would like us to do, yet many people don't believe that human beings who are capable of using words to tell us what they think/feel, who are suffering with terminal illnesses or whatever, don't deserve the opportunity?

I think that's really where my line is drawn, I just figured it out, at least for this moment. In cases of extreme illness/terminal illness where a person is suffering, I would rather them not do it, but I think they should be able to decide that for themselves basically.

My grandfather had lung cancer and suffered for 6 months. In the last 2 weeks or so of his life, he wasn't even him, he was on so much pain medication it was ridiculous. If he had been stronger, or had somebody to do it for him, I know for a fact he would have chosen to go out before his family had to watch him waste away the way he did. When my mom tells me the stories about the months leading to his death it makes me sick to my stomach. Nobody should be forced to deal with that if it's not what they want.

get out of my head!

thats pretty much what i was gonna say.
Itís classified.

EW Cash: 1756.50
.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-01-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm pretty sure we already had a thread like this. But anyway, I'll get to my post abit later on.
  .:Shadow:. is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Jon Bon Jovi

EW Cash: 96555.00
Jon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem Web

Send a message via MSN to Jon Bon Jovi
Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-02-2007, 01:15 PM

People in pain should be allowed to die, if they want to. Period. It's actually nasty to keep them alive.
and hypocrites who think the same shit but don't say shit
You Liberace's, Versace's, and you nazis
Watch me, cause you thinkin you got me in this hot seat
You motherfuckers wanna JUDGE me cause you're NOT me
You'll never STOP me, I'm TOP speed as you POP me
I came to save these new generations of babies
from parents who failed to raise 'em cause they're lazy
to grow to praise me I'm makin 'em go crazy
That's how I got this whole nation to embrace me
And you fugazi if you think I'ma admit wrong
I cripple any hypocritic critic I'm sic'd on
And this song is for any kid who gets picked on
A sick song to retaliate to, and it's called..
  Jon Bon Jovi is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
amber
boop-oop-a-doop

EW Cash: 17780.00
amber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad game

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-04-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina View Post

EXACTLY my stance on the whole thing.

I have some more things I wanna say but I don't have time so I'll reply with a more in-depth answer later.

amber is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
.:Shadow:.
Itís classified.

.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web.:Shadow:. owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-06-2007, 11:48 AM

^ Ditto what they said.
JeFF

JeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem WebJeFF owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-06-2007, 12:12 PM

i agreed with that first.

EW Cash: 190.00
59Fifty is a glorious beacon of light59Fifty is a glorious beacon of light59Fifty is a glorious beacon of light59Fifty is a glorious beacon of light59Fifty is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via MSN to 59Fifty
Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanely_insane View Post
serial killer- kills people in a pattern
Actually, your wrong. According to the FBI, a serial killer is someone who kills three or more people in three or more different events over a period of time, during which the killer would have a "cooling off" period between murders.
  59Fifty is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
.:Shadow:.
Itís classified.

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-07-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
i agreed with that first.
Well to bad. :P
JeFF

Old Re: Assisted Suicide @ 06-07-2007, 10:10 AM

no not too bad too good HA!