eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old education @ 11-19-2003, 09:34 AM

The importance given to education is stupid. I've learnt more in the last 6 months since I left college than I did in the 7 years of higher education.. but oh, I haven't got a shiny little certificate to amaze employers with.

So at school I learnt the difference between the particles in different materials but not the difference between a noun and a verb.. I can speak basic Italian but I don't really know where apostraphes go, etc. Truly this is a system of excellence which should have a massive importance in the rest of peoples lives.

Not that I've got a better solution (I don't really have much of a problem with school) it's the attitudes towards it that's wrong, IMO.

"How can dominant wisdom be recognised in a system of majority rules? Intelligent fools..."
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

EW Cash: 0.00
handle will become popular soon enough

Old 11-19-2003, 12:20 PM

I think the internet has given us a new way to educate ourselves, I try not to take for granted the fact that I can usually find information within a few seconds whereas our predecessors had to go to a library.

School was like the internet's version of hell for me. Instead of finding out a single piece of information within seconds, I'd have to sit through hours of irrelevance...not unlike everyone else admittedly, but I hated it.

I started thinking like this at the age of eleven, so I consider myself lucky that I didn't waste too much of the first few years of my teenage life worrying about how I'd make it in life.

I came out of school with pitiful grades, but ended up in a well-paid job and on the way to becoming a fully fledged webdesigner. Where did I go wrong?

I owe alot to computers and the internet. Thanks Bill!

Apologies are bargaining chips for the weak.

Last edited by handle; 11-19-2003 at 12:24 PM..
  handle is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
ShadyButterfly

EW Cash: 90.00
ShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to ShadyButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to ShadyButterfly
Old 11-19-2003, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by handle
I think the internet has given us a new way to educate ourselves, I try not to take for granted the fact that I can usually find information within a few seconds whereas our predecessors had to go to a library.

i'll have to agree with that... it can't compare, technology has done many things for us...
  ShadyButterfly is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Bernard
The Strongest Heart

EW Cash: 2540.00
Bernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Bernard Send a message via Yahoo to Bernard
Old 11-19-2003, 04:14 PM

I learned a lot more from a local library than I ever did from school. Though that was before even 28.8K modems, you know the dark ages when everything sucked. Anyway, I've always learned faster on my own than in school. The whole structure and move at the pace of everyone else thing, makes it slow. That and the fact that most schools are horribly out of date and do a horrendous job of keeping up. Even the University of Maryland was like that, they still did surveys on paper when everybody has internet access. Sucked for me since my "web design" job there entailed me entering sheet after sheet of illegible handwriting into an ancient version of MS Access. I wrote a very inspired (danger!) poem on my thoughts of school (senior year of high school my 12th year for you Euro folk). I remember how defensive my english teacher was when I read it out loud in class for her. I think I lost the only copy though

There is no impossible, it is only a matter of effort.

Still an Oracle.
  Bernard is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old 11-19-2003, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Though that was before even 28.8K modems, you know the dark ages when everything sucked.
Thank fuck I didn't have to use one of those. I didn't get into the internet until I was 18.

Quote:
Anyway, I've always learned faster on my own than in school.
Same here.

Exodus

EW Cash: 220.00
Exodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to behold

Old 11-20-2003, 01:51 AM

i hate it when teachers try and tell you you need to learn this for everyday life
like i'm really gonna have to know how to use Stoichiometry when adding up prices atta grocery store

"Defeat glory, rather it's deep stories or helluva quotes
Never below, better than dope,
Off to the side, watchin you play games like the veteran coach
If what you spit off the top's never been wrote
Then why you all punchlines, you tellin a joke?
I'm never right, you'll forever be the best
I'll never be less than the best
Physically Christ, you guessed cuz never it's like
Equivalent to forever twice
The exception to the word perfection
I'll never be broke, if I ain't sellin you rap, I'm sellin you coke
Just when you thought I couldn't get better, I spoke
And sendin you back to the lab
What would you equal after the math, I'm tellin results
I'm bad as they come, time flys, I'm havin some fun
The second I spoke, the battle is won, what"

Royce
  Exodus is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
trixta
D.O.A owns me

EW Cash: 215.00
trixta is a glorious beacon of lighttrixta is a glorious beacon of lighttrixta is a glorious beacon of lighttrixta is a glorious beacon of lighttrixta is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via AIM to trixta
Old 11-20-2003, 02:03 AM

it's not really the material, it's the procedure of studying, preparing, getting things in on time, challenging your mind, that they want to get through to you.

EW Cash: 220.00
Exodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to behold

Old 11-20-2003, 02:06 AM

and all this time i thought they were just trying to make me reciprocate fractions

"Defeat glory, rather it's deep stories or helluva quotes
Never below, better than dope,
Off to the side, watchin you play games like the veteran coach
If what you spit off the top's never been wrote
Then why you all punchlines, you tellin a joke?
I'm never right, you'll forever be the best
I'll never be less than the best
Physically Christ, you guessed cuz never it's like
Equivalent to forever twice
The exception to the word perfection
I'll never be broke, if I ain't sellin you rap, I'm sellin you coke
Just when you thought I couldn't get better, I spoke
And sendin you back to the lab
What would you equal after the math, I'm tellin results
I'm bad as they come, time flys, I'm havin some fun
The second I spoke, the battle is won, what"

Royce
  Exodus is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
V i L E
Super Producer

EW Cash: 940.00
V i L E is a splendid one to beholdV i L E is a splendid one to beholdV i L E is a splendid one to beholdV i L E is a splendid one to beholdV i L E is a splendid one to beholdV i L E is a splendid one to beholdV i L E is a splendid one to beholdV i L E is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to V i L E
Old 11-20-2003, 03:34 AM

Maybe it's just the British education system. Over here, our college courses help us get employed in our field of emphasis.

Look out for "Me, Myself, and Ira" the album.
And "The Ian Larson Saga" Mixtapes

Featuring:
College Musik
Bird Shit
Texturizer (Freestyle)
Headz Up, and MORE

Click This Shyt

... & 5th Set (Upstairs, 5th Floor)
  V i L E is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old 11-20-2003, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Maybe it's just the British education system. Over here, our college courses help us get employed in our field of emphasis.
*drools*

Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old 11-20-2003, 10:55 AM

America probably is a lot better but that's not really the point. I'm talking about the attitudes to education (and intelligence).
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
*A*
Josh's Booty Call

EW Cash: 5526.00
*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web

Old 11-20-2003, 11:49 AM

I really hate the New Yok State educational system and requirements.Nnearly every other state isn't as bad as us. Too much to rant about, but it's really bullshit and they demand way too much from us to graduate.

Most of the shit I need to learn in school I'm not at all interested in and don't think it's really important, therefore I don't excel in school like I should.

The Internet is my favorite source of information. Libraries and books are so outdated. I hate reading books unless it's important information I can't get anywhere else. But it will be good to save the trees and stop cutting them down for lots of books nobody's gonna read.
  *A* is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Brittany
I put the HUG in THUG

EW Cash: 6361.00
Brittany is a jewel in the roughBrittany is a jewel in the roughBrittany is a jewel in the roughBrittany is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Brittany Send a message via Yahoo to Brittany
Old 11-22-2003, 12:09 AM

I've always excelled in school and it's been good to me (except for the people), so I'm not one to complain. If it helps me get into IU and become a radiologist, then I'm happy.

Q: What's the difference between acne and a priest?
A: Acne waits until you're at least 13 to come all over your face.
  Brittany is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old 11-22-2003, 07:42 AM

Quote:
But it will be good to save the trees and stop cutting them down for lots of books nobody's gonna read.
^^One of the key arguments we should use in a protest!

T1 Req
You Evil Metal Man

EW Cash: 5.00
T1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to T1 Req
Old 11-23-2003, 09:19 AM

I wasn't built for education...I learn stuff and it goes out of my head in an exam room. That's if I can be bothered to learn it in the first place...trying to revise was always hell. Now, if it was all coursework that wouldn't be much of a problem. I can do coursework, generally. English Language coursework was proper bo...I analysed two "moral message" rap songs, talked a load of crap and got a C.
  T1 Req is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Closed Thread