eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > Eminem

Closed Thread

Shady Makaveli

EW Cash: 1401.00
Shady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope memberShady Makaveli is a dope member

Send a message via ICQ to Shady Makaveli Send a message via AIM to Shady Makaveli Send a message via MSN to Shady Makaveli Send a message via Yahoo to Shady Makaveli
Old My Review of Loyal To The Game @ 11-23-2004, 07:18 PM

The new 2pac album "Loyal To The Game" leaked Saturday, so here's my review. I put this here since Em is the exectutive producer and produced most of the tracks.

1. Soldier Like Me (Return Of The Soulja) ft. Eminem (on chorus)
Here we have an unleaked track that seems to be a sequel to "Soulja's Story" from "2pacalyspe Now" and "Soulja's Revenge" from "Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z". Everything's cool at first then... Em starts singing on the chrous about he "don't walk like a G cause that ain't me. I'm not even one of those people who always hates Em singin' but here it's espiecially bad. Plus it's the first song and should just be Pac. The beats nothing special but it works here.
7/10

2. Uppercut ft. Edi and Young Noble(of The Outlawz)
Pretty typical Pac track (track was unleaked) about fuckin' up snitches. Again beat is nothing special.
8/10

3. Out On Bail
Love this track, beat is tight!......But here we start with some of the ethical problems of this album. See on this track Pac's voice is altered to say "Drop that shit Em", "Em get me up outta here", and "That's my nigga Em on the the motherfuckin' boards".... One of these I wouldn't really mind but all 3 is overkill. Won't let my personal feeling about that affect my review, in the end the song is tight.
9/10

4. Ghetto Gospel ft. Elton John
Although the original version is classic this one is also very good. Elton's chorus fits nicely and the beat fits the feeling of the song well. Pac's flow doesn't fit as well on this beat though but still it's a good song.
9/10

5. Black Cotton ft. Eminem (again on chorus) , Kastro, and Young Noble (of the Outlawz)
Very pro-black political (and unleaked) track so although Em actually does sound good on this chorus is just seems kinda wrong for him to be on this. (Picture Pac on "White America" or something) Still another good track.
9/10

6. Loyal To The The Game ft. G Unit (50 only on chorus)
It's funny cuz' orignally this wasn't even a Pac song but a song Pac was featured on. And this song ends up feeling like a G Unit song featuring Pac. Here ethical problems arrise again as Pac voiced is altered to say "G Unit in this motherfuckein' hous" "50" and "Banks". Not a bad track though.
8/10

7. Thugs Get Lonely Too ft. Nate Dogg
Yep another ethical problem already. Seems Pacs vocals were slowed up to fit this beat. Personal I like it cause I can tell what he's saying alot better that I could before. Anyways it's pretty typical "trust me while I'm on tour" song. Nate's chorus okay no better or worse than the orignal chorus.
8/10

8. N.I.G.G.A ft. Jadakiss
Songs okay Jada's verse is tight and he shows alot of respect for Pac in it. Pac's voice was again altered to say "Jada" ( more than likely when he was talking about Jada Pinkett).
8/10

9. Who Do Ya Love?
This was one harder leaked tracks to find in good quality and orignally featured Stretch. It sucks they took him off, but anways. The song is okay nothing special.
7/10

10. A Crooked Nigga Too
An unleaked song where it seems Stretch was again taken off. Also it's pretty obvious Pac's vocals were sped up (yet another ethical problem). It does sound pretty cool though and I like the beat. Also the lines "blame the jew" were edited... which is weird cause it's not edited in the remix of this song later on the album.
8/10

11. Don't You Trust Me? ft. Dido (on chorus)
This defiantely very different for a Pac song (that was unleaked). It's little break-up song that's pretty nice
8/10

12. Henessey ft. Obie Trice
This is a pretty odd beat for Pac but I don't really mind it and it fits the drunkin' theme. Pac's voice it again fucked with to say "Trice". Overall pretty good track though.
9/10

13. Thug For Life
Original beat is way better nothing else was changed though.
7/10

14. Po Nigga Blues ft. Ron Isley
From here on are bonus tracks.... Dunno why this is a bonus track but anyways this is tight, in fact it actually better than the original and the best song on the album to me. Dope beat and nice chorus from Mr. Bigg
9.5/10

15. Henessey (Red Spyda Remix) ft. Edi (of the Outlawz) and Sleep Brown
Better than the other one in fact the one with Obie should be the remix and this should be on the actual album instead of being a bonus track. This feels alot more like a track Pac would actually do then alot of the songs on this album.
9.5/10

16. A Crooked Nigga Too (Raphael Saadiq Remix)
The other on is better even though Pac's voice isn't sped up (or at least not at much). The beat is too mellow for this song and chorus is kinda weak.
6.5/10

17. Loyal To The Game (DJ Quik Remix) ft Big Syke DJ Quik
A little better than the onther one and feels more like a Pac track. Quiks verse is pretty nice.
8.5/10

Overall it's fairly good album but there's alot of shit that'll piss off hardcore Pac fans. Em as a producer is sorta hit or miss and he doesn't seem to try to cater to Pac's sound which makes for mixed results. Sometimes the results are new and different and sometimes they're just odd. The album as a whole I'd give somewhere from 7.5 to 8 outta 10.

I also do songs..
*NEWEST SONG (along with the rest)* "It's Christmas Time At Emweb" check it out HERE

Email me at: rjoynesjr@gmail.com or shadymakaveli@hotmail.com

IM me:
AIM= Shady Makaveli, MSN= shadymakaveli@hotmail.com, Yahoo= rjoynesjr, ICQ= 592351028, and Jabber= rjoynesjr@jabber.org

Also I'm on: Myspace
and Facebook

Some Others Live Despite Indignity Ever Ready
Living Intelligent For Eternity

...And goddammit be less serious and be less mature you silly ass motherfuckers!!!
  Shady Makaveli is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
*Princezz*
You Suck & That Amuses Me

EW Cash: 6174.00
*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member*Princezz* is a dope member

Old Re: My Review of Loyal To The Game @ 11-24-2004, 12:19 AM

cool to hear what you think

does anyone else have the album?
  *Princezz* is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
VessayG
"Touch my Boday"

EW Cash: 0.00
VessayG is a name known to allVessayG is a name known to allVessayG is a name known to allVessayG is a name known to allVessayG is a name known to allVessayG is a name known to allVessayG is a name known to all

Old Re: My Review of Loyal To The Game @ 11-24-2004, 01:55 AM

Ahh. Thanks Mate for that

I Like Rusty Spoons......
  VessayG is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Closed Thread