eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > Eminem

Closed Thread

slimfrikinshady
spaceman spiff

EW Cash: 0.00
slimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to slimfrikinshady Send a message via Yahoo to slimfrikinshady
Old 05-16-2003, 02:54 PM

I thought it was, and still do. the important difference here is that they were temporary feelings. the song was him expressing his reaction to the relationship. the relationship has since changed, so their should be nothing further to argue about. unless of course you think his feelings at the time were inapropriate, which I find laughable.
Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old 05-16-2003, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by T1 Req
Someone claiming they did something is generally more reliable than a journalist claiming someone did something.
Not to mention that it makes little sense that "Kim" drove her to suicide.

Again, if the songs drove Kim to suicide, what drove Eminem into writing such drastic songs?
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Guillermo

Guillermo is on a distinguished road

Old 05-16-2003, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by T1 Req
Someone claiming they did something is generally more reliable than a journalist claiming someone did something. Besides which, you started all that assuming that "Kim" is actually based on real feelings.
All indications are that it was based upon real feelings at the time. And journalists are not in the business of making claims -- they are in the business of reporting events.
  Guillermo is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Guillermo

Old 05-16-2003, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Riz
Not to mention that it makes little sense that "Kim" drove her to suicide.

Again, if the songs drove Kim to suicide, what drove Eminem into writing such drastic songs?
Logical non-sequitur again. One negative event does not justify another negative event. Kim's transgressions do not justify Eminem's transgressions.
adorabelle
Home Dogg

adorabelle is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Old 05-16-2003, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo
And journalists are not in the business of making claims -- they are in the business of reporting events.

LMAO!!!!!!! That was the funniest shit I have read in weeks.
Do you HONESTLY believe that is what journalism today is
all about? Especially CELEBRITY journalism?

If so, you need to wake the fuck up.
  adorabelle is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Riz
Drat...

Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old 05-16-2003, 03:21 PM

You've misunderstood the question.

The songs and the suicide attempt are both effects of the same cause. You're claiming that the song was the cause, so I wanna know what the cause for him making the song was in your opinion...
Guillermo

Old 05-16-2003, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slimfrikinshady
I thought it was, and still do. the important difference here is that they were temporary feelings. the song was him expressing his reaction to the relationship. the relationship has since changed, so their should be nothing further to argue about. unless of course you think his feelings at the time were inapropriate, which I find laughable.
Agree with what you say; however, it was the content of the feelings that were expressed (mentally and very very explicitly wishing and outlining a brutal murder), and the method of expression of those feelings (making his vulgar, murderous diatribe undeniably public) that I found inappropriate.
Guillermo

Old 05-16-2003, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by adorabelle
LMAO!!!!!!! That was the funniest shit I have read in weeks.
Do you HONESTLY believe that is what journalism today is
all about? Especially CELEBRITY journalism?

If so, you need to wake the fuck up.
Sure I understand it. After all, I am in involved in affiliated with the profession. You don't have to lecture me there.

I am drawing a juxtaposition. A single person's claim of an event tends to have less validity than a widely reported (and police-report verified, I might add) news story regarding the event.
Guillermo

Old 05-16-2003, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Riz
You've misunderstood the question.

The songs and the suicide attempt are both effects of the same cause. You're claiming that the song was the cause, so I wanna know what the cause for him making the song was in your opinion...
No misunderstanding here.

As I mentioned in my first response: Kim's transgressions were the cause.

However, as I also mentioned, one person's transgressions do not justify another person's subsequent transgressions.
Riz
Drat...

Old 05-16-2003, 03:30 PM

Yep, misunderstanding here.

They're both effects of the same cause. Therefore neither "Kim" or "97b&c" drove Kim to her suicide attempt as you claimed. I'm not trying to justify either.
Guillermo

Old 05-16-2003, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Riz
Yep, misunderstanding here.

They're both effects of the same cause. Therefore neither "Kim" or "97b&c" drove Kim to her suicide attempt as you claimed. I'm not trying to justify either.
Yes you are. By asking, "If the songs drove Kim to suicide, what drove Eminem into writing such drastic songs?, " you were quite obviously trying to get me to lessen the effect of Eminem's actions by saying that they did not cause Kim's actions.

The reports were that shortly after hearing "Kim," and as a reaction to it (probably being the emotional final straw in the camel's back), Kim tried to commit suicide.
Riz
Drat...

Old 05-17-2003, 10:44 AM

I see what you're saying, but I'm not trying to justify teh songs. I'm not saying it makes the songs right and okay but you're right in that I am saying there's far less effects from "Kim" than both ytou and the media would have people believe.
ShadyButterfly

EW Cash: 90.00
ShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to beholdShadyButterfly is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to ShadyButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to ShadyButterfly
Old 05-17-2003, 05:21 PM

u guys r too innocent to know
  ShadyButterfly is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Closed Thread