eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion

Closed Thread

shortie
cave bitch

EW Cash: 5508.00
shortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to shortie
Old Morning radio...please help! @ 02-26-2003, 07:53 AM

Ok, the radio station here, Hot 107.9 is having auditions for a dj to co-host the morning show. I'm going to go and try out either today at 11 or Friday at 5. Any suggestions that I could go in with?

Basically what I'm asking is if there is anything your radio stations do in the morning that you think would be a good idea for me to go in with, like if they ask me ideas to make the morning show better.

I would SO love this job, it would be such a great time.
  shortie is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Alistair
Wizard Of Oz

EW Cash: 8120.00
Alistair is a splendid one to beholdAlistair is a splendid one to beholdAlistair is a splendid one to beholdAlistair is a splendid one to beholdAlistair is a splendid one to beholdAlistair is a splendid one to beholdAlistair is a splendid one to beholdAlistair is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to Alistair Send a message via Yahoo to Alistair
Old 02-26-2003, 08:04 AM

Most good morning radio here relies on callers to make their show what it is. I mean, not a lot of material is off their own bat. They'll get the ball rolling on a subject and people will call in expressing their opinions and recounting experiences. Of course there are other segments which get played on air and some I can remember include:

- Battle Of The Sexes (a male a female competitor are pitted against each other every day to answer questions geared towards the opposite gender. I'm sure you've heard of this before)
- To The Rescue (basically, the radio station through sponsors and other means finds someone in the community, or an organisation which is in need and provides them with something. For example, they might give a new car to a pensioner who had theirs stolen, or shopping vouchers to a family who's mother just died young from breast cancer or something. It's a nice touch and is good means of positive promotion)
- Trash (the announcers scour the internet and gossip magazines digging up anything they can find on celebrities. They announce it on air, sometimes with a skit or voiceover done by someone at the station)
- Traffic (although boring, it's good to listen to a one minute update as you head in to work so as you can find an alternative route if its too packed or if there's an accident or something of the kind)

Angie, I don't really know what you're after here. Original material that you can use in an audition or ideas for features that can enhance the ratings of this show. Are they seeking your personality and aptitude or are they seeking your ideas and management skill? Obviously the former if it's for a co-host position, so just be yourself, make sure you sound vivacious (but not over the top) and I am sure you will do extremely well. Be eloquent, concise and very clear in what you say. Ooh, also have a pleasant laugh. it may sound strange, but as most breakfast shows heavily rely on comedy the DJ's are often laughing at themselves and callers and nothing is worse than hearing an obnoxious laugh filter through your speakers whilst you drive to work. I have never listened to American breakfast radio so I'm not sure what your benchmark is like, however, make sure you let us know how it goes! Good luck.
  Alistair is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
KirbyR
Home Dogg

EW Cash: 0.00
KirbyR is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to KirbyR
Old 02-26-2003, 08:25 AM

something funny, people love laughing. but since i'm not exactly a funny person, i can't tell ya how to do that
"It's always 10 minutes after ya leave, that's when all the fun shows up. Like the funmobiles 10 blocks behind ya just waiting, watching. 10 minutes after ya left the spice girls broke in an had sex with everybody YEAH! YEAH! Even the fat kid wearing the babylon 5 t shirt, he got a little." - Dave Attel
  KirbyR is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
shortie
cave bitch

EW Cash: 5508.00
shortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Webshortie owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to shortie
Old 02-26-2003, 08:33 AM

Thanks Al. Yeah its basically just an audition, just doing what we'd be doing on the radio. So I dont really need any material so to speak. I wanted to go in there with some ideas if they were to ask me for them, but I'm not sure if they will or not.
  shortie is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Closed Thread