eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > Film & Entertainment

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Biosphere
Ripe [With Decay]

EW Cash: 900.00
Biosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem Web

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-06-2007, 12:47 PM

[Man Bites Dog]
Quote:
A camera crew follows a serial killer/thief around as he exercises his craft. He expounds on art, music, nature, society, and life as he offs mailmen, pensioners, and random people.
[La Haine] (French, I'm guessing you've seen this though)
Quote:
The film follows three young men and their time spent in the French suburban "ghetto," over a span of twenty-four hours. Vinz, a Jew, Saïd, an Arab, and Hubert, a black boxer.
  Biosphere is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Biosphere
Ripe [With Decay]

Biosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem WebBiosphere is one of the illest on Eminem Web

Old 07-06-2007, 12:49 PM

City of Men
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364801[/url]]
(TV series of City of God). Try finding the R1 release, as it has the complete series.)

Man Bites Dog
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103905

La Haine
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247 (French, I'm guessing you've seen this though)
Denz
Dr Dre 2001

EW Cash: 353395.00
Denz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosphere View Post
City of Men
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364801[/url]]
(TV series of City of God). Try finding the R1 release, as it has the complete series.)

Oh my God, that is fucking sick. I never released there was a series. I'm gonna run down to HMV on Monday.

I was listening to some Brazilian rap on TV, today , I didn't understand what the fuck they were saying but it sounded tight.

Thanks !
We refuse to lose, you refuse to lose, I don’t give a fuck where your from, Lets refuse to lose, there’s a whole system setup to deny our culture, and belittle us and we say fuck that, we individuals, everybody in this mutharfucka today. We must love each other, love ourselves, knowledge is self, understanding is wisdom.
  Denz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Biosphere
Ripe [With Decay]

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-08-2007, 02:00 PM

Haven't seen these but they sound good.

Favela Rising
Quote:
Synopsis
A documentary profiling Anderson Sa, a former trader of drugs, who leads his community in non-violent revolution through the music and culture now known as Afro-Reggae.
Man of the Year
Quote:
Synopsis
The story of Maiquel who is pushed to the limit by Suel, a local bully and shoots him dead. Suel's pregnant girlfriend claims that it is now Maiquel's responsibility to look after her...
Check out "Customers who bought this item also bought" list and "Listmania!" towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Favela-Risin...3917241&sr=1-2

If you see La Haine and Man Bites Dog in HMV, try picking these up, especially the two disc special edition version of La Haine.
Denz
Dr Dre 2001

Denz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-17-2007, 03:09 PM

LOL, why does it seem like all foreign non-English films are either based on drugs or gun-crime. Saying that, it's probably why I LOVE them so much.
We refuse to lose, you refuse to lose, I don’t give a fuck where your from, Lets refuse to lose, there’s a whole system setup to deny our culture, and belittle us and we say fuck that, we individuals, everybody in this mutharfucka today. We must love each other, love ourselves, knowledge is self, understanding is wisdom.
*¨Daniella¨*
Denz's #1 groupi!!!

EW Cash: 10221.00
*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web*¨Daniella¨* owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to *¨Daniella¨*
Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-17-2007, 03:33 PM

lol and all colombian films are about sex, drugs, infidelities(sp?) and murders...............

EW Cash: 45729.00
Eleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Eleven Send a message via Yahoo to Eleven
Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denz View Post

In one of the scenes, the film loses about 10 characters in 1 minute. ......
i'm buying this film...
  Eleven is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Denz
Dr Dre 2001

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-20-2007, 02:11 PM

haha, sorry for exposing 1 minute of the story line.

I've ordered 'City of Men' ages ago from HMV.

I think the evil credit card robbing postmen have stolen it, LOL. It's alright stealing credit cards but when they steal DVDs, then it's war !
Eleven
~1124~

Eleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Lol...^^^
Denz
Dr Dre 2001

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-31-2007, 05:30 AM

Two weeks later......... I finally got my DVD sent from Guernsey, what the fuck, . It would have been quicker if they sent it from Hong Kong, lol, or if I had walked those extra 10 metres and bought it from the store . My laziness costed me, big time.

'City of Men' - so far I've watched the first two episodes and it seems dope. It's also educational, I learnt some commonly known history facts about the
"Battle of Trafalgar", lol. Kids with guns, and history lessons - what could be better. Hopefully they have a mad massive shoot-out by the end of the season, braaapp.

The only negative is that you don't actually see the street-kids get shot, you just see the aftermath of the shooting and the pool of blood which is probably due to it being a TV series.

Eleven
~1124~

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 07-31-2007, 05:45 AM

f.y.i i bought that movie,
Denz
Dr Dre 2001

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 08-02-2007, 08:17 PM

If you do mean 'City of Men', it is the dopest thing I've watched for ages. I'm up to the 3rd show where the boys are forced to deliver the post by the gang-leader.

They have to post ALL letters and then their forced to go into Sao Paulo city centre to give it back to the sender.Then they say "fuck it" and rip the letter up, when they get back they nearly get shot because they tore up the letter. Imagine getting shot up for a pointless piece of paper.

I'm totally loving it hoever since there's only about 8 shows for 2 seasons, I gotta somehow make it last. All the footage is also filmed in the slums, which is another bonus point.

I'm gonna force all my friends to buy it, like I did with "Bully", LOL. I probably doubled Bully's sales .
Cain
Kari's Booty Call

Location: In the realms of my mind looking at those who have left and that which is mine
EW Cash: 85397.50
Cain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Cain Send a message via MSN to Cain
Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 08-11-2007, 02:36 AM

Ichi the Killer, Oldboy, Audition, Reincarnation, R-Point, Infection, all pretty good asian horror. I've heard good things about Shutter, The Heirloom and Marebito.

Kairo (the Japanese version of Pulse) was incredible.

Ju-on and Ju-on 2 were incredible. Better than their American counterparts The Grudge and The Grudge 2.

Ringu, Ringu 2, Ringu 0 and Razen are all incredible too. Does a better story with the story of The Ring.
When I'm done with my vegetables, where should I put the wheelchairs.

Now for something entirely different....meaning serious.

Make love not war
Don't trust the government of the US
If the world changes you, then you can change the world.
  Cain is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Oly
I love England & Denz

EW Cash: 77822.50
Oly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem WebOly owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 08-11-2007, 02:49 AM

i've never seen it but i've heard Passion of the christ was quite good

I love kinks"I just wanna love, for the rest of my life
I wanna hold you in the morn, hold you in the night"

and for y'all wanna check up on her or some thing http://devoted.to/kinkers

It's like a throne that he don't even own
He won't sit down give him a crown he just throws it around
It's like a joke he's like a king but he don't do a thing
He don't want the diamonds, want the gold or want the jewelry
  Oly is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Christian
old fashion ace printer

EW Cash: 3100.00
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Christian Send a message via Yahoo to Christian
Old Re: Best subtitled film? @ 08-11-2007, 08:11 AM

the freak show unfolding underneath both i's
le freak show qui se déroule sous vos deux yeux
  Christian is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote