eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Tia
Cookie Monster

EW Cash: 5476.00
Tia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem WebTia owns Eminem Web

Old Need help - please read if you think you can give it @ 12-10-2003, 08:33 PM

I know there is lots of people on this board who can't read that well, and it offends them to see posts as long as mine so much that they can't just ignore them. That's why I left this board - except to post in the awards I heard were up again, because those are fun for me to vote on.

But I know there are also a few peeps on here who have been supportive of me through tough times, and even enjoy reading my posts. So I am asking for your help. I've been extremely stressed, all because I'm under so much pressure to do a good job on my book. All my creative energies are gone, and I'll devot so much time to writing only to delete it all.
I can't give up. I can't relax until the book is done, even though it's killing me to write it. Once I say I'm going to do something, I have to do it, no matter what.

I'm starting to understand myself as a person in a way I never did before. Ever since I was a child, I've lived my life on a stage in my mind. I've always been a natural performer. I've noticed now that two things have always motivated me more than anything - my rage, and reations from other people. Rage is motivating me not to give up on this. I'm pissed at myself, and pushing harder all the time. I'm an extreme perfectionist. I judge myself, and the entire world around me very harshly.

This is what made me give up Art. I used to win all kinds of art contests, and was very proud of my work. As I got older, I didn't display my work anymore. With nobody to see my art except myself and close friends, I lost my passion for it. It became meaningless to me, like sitting at home and having a debate with oneself rather than with others. Soon, my hands just stopped being able to do it one day. I lost my ability to draw anything for several years.

Everybody writes for different reasons. For some it is completely personal and self-satisfying. I personally write to express my feelings to others. That is where my creative juices flow from. Some could sing to themselves for hours, just for the fun of it. Others would think there was no point, unless somebody could hear them. I'm that latter type when it comes to my writing. I don't think I ever would have had an interest in writing, if it wasn't for the reactions I got for it as a child. People accusing me of stealing my poems instead of writing them, because they didn't think someone so young could have wrote those words. My teachers being concerned about the views I expressed because they weren't cheerful enough for a youngster.

We are all different. I am very sensitive and influenced by my surroundings. I have isolated myself to write this book, because I no longer wanted negative influences to do this. But I realize now I need any reactions I can get, as long as it is not people saying 'I'm not going to read all that'. Because the same thing that happened to me with my art is happening again - I lost my ability to write anything at all anymore when I try. Getting reactions from other people has always been want makes me appreciate art in any form, done by myself or others. I don't enjoy reading unless it makes me amused, sad, offended - something! And I don't enjoy writing unless it does this to others.

I realize that a lot of authors have editors, agents, and fellow writers read their novels as they are being written, because I always see them thanking people for this task in the acknowledgements. I guess that's what I need. I have friends at other boards who love to read, and I will ask them this favor, but I wanted to see if anyone here is interested. If not, that's fine. I'm just offering. Anyone who has time to read 10,000 to 15,000 words that I could send in an email attachment once a week and honestly critique it, I'd appreciate it. I know there is people on here who can't even read a paragraph, let alone comprehend it, but I know there are also people on here who love to read. I could pay professionals to review my stuff, but I'd rather die. I'd much rather have real, everyday people do it purely because they want to, not because it's a job task they have to perform. I will give credit to those who help me in the completed book though, unless you wish to remain anonymous. Here's me opening my mind to anything at all you want to say, any opinions you want to throw at me.

If you are interested, please email me at pearlescent_star_frost@hotmail.com

I'd prefer not to communicate through this board, because I hate coming here anymore. I find it depressing. So, get at me or don't.
  Tia is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
wHiRlWiNd
Retired for Good

EW Cash: 0.00
wHiRlWiNd is a jewel in the roughwHiRlWiNd is a jewel in the roughwHiRlWiNd is a jewel in the roughwHiRlWiNd is a jewel in the rough

Old 12-10-2003, 09:26 PM

I realize you may not read this and prefer it if I just sent an email but I must say that I'm extremely interested to read what you got. I know how you feel about being a natural performer, I got a lot on my plate right now cuz I'm making a debut rap cd/a debut cd with my rock group blacksnowflake, and I'm writing a screenplay with my best friend. So I can understand how it feels to want everyone to hear or read what you have. I wouldn't mind reading it, in fact I got a college professor that critiques scripts and books, I can even show it to her if you would like that and email you a redone copy. Anyways, ya I'd like to read what you got.
OPTIMUS PRIME

Faye is a jewel in the roughFaye is a jewel in the roughFaye is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Faye
Old 12-10-2003, 09:35 PM

I think you'd be a great writer, actually. If I read your stuff here why not somewhere else? What I'd like to hear more of though is what you'd actually be writing about. Maybe you put it in your post and I forgot but I'd like to hear more of what you'd be writing about.
YOU FAGGOT
GOT ME STRESSIN THIS FULLY
AUTOMATIC

YOUR DEATH THEY SAID THAT WAS TRAGIC
YOU FAGGOT
OUT ON THE CORNER JUST WAITIN TO GET
HIT
b
Man, Playboy is the GOAT.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  Faye is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
!@#$%^&*()_+

EW Cash: 904.00
!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to !@#$%^&*()_+
Old 12-11-2003, 01:03 AM

You can count me in too(giving you feedback on your writings)
Registered abuser

handle will become popular soon enough

Old 12-11-2003, 08:20 AM

I'm not sure it'd be wise for me to.....

well let's just not go there.

Apologies are bargaining chips for the weak.
  handle is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Sapphire

EW Cash: 715.00
Sapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope memberSapphire is a dope member

Send a message via AIM to Sapphire Send a message via MSN to Sapphire Send a message via Yahoo to Sapphire
Old 12-11-2003, 10:02 AM

lol...I'd like to see what you're writing also...don't know how much help I'd be, but I do read a bit, so I can tell ya if it would hold my interest or now Good luck!

Sapphire is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
raplove
west side

raplove is on a distinguished road

Old 12-12-2003, 02:06 AM

i like reading hate giving feedback sorry

peace
ur punch line crashes
u can here the sounds of booing ringing in ur ears
on the verge of tears
the erge to drive your car off a