headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion

Closed Thread

handle
Registered abuser

EW Cash: 0.00
handle will become popular soon enough

Old Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 01:41 PM

I was chillin' in the canteen at work, with my feet resting on the table. I knew full well there are two signs saying "Please do not put your feet on the furniture", but my needs come before anyone else's.

So my former team leader, sitting on the couch next to me phones reception and gets the floor manager to come up to the canteen. The floor manager is Gem Sarn. Strange name I know.

So he comes up to me, telling me to get my feet off the table. I ask why, but he just keeps telling me to get my feet off the table. So I insist on a reason and he walks away saying "I don't have to explain myself to you".

Kirsty comes along, who has the authority to eject people out of the call centre, and tells me to wait in reception while she gets my bag and logs me out of the computer.

She made a passing comment about how she thought I was too adult (mature) for this type of behaviour, so I kindly made her aware that it was not a case of maturity or immaturity, it's about individualism.

So they kicked me out. Fact: I haven't lost my job. I knew that from the start, you're allowed three strikes (disciplinaries) and then you're out. Or less strikes if you do something serious, like...I dunno, maybe breathe in the wrong part of the call centre or something.

A meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, 11.30am. My argument will be thus.....

1. Gem Sarn presented no reason for me to remove my feet off the table, so therefore he was unreasonable. I knew there was an issue of health and hygiene, however, no one eats their food directly from the surface of the table, and proving that an illness was the result of germs being passed from my feet to the table is highly improbable and would not stand up in a court of law. There is an element of hypocrisy as I have frequently seen the table in question covered in a film of grease, dust and rubbish, and no-one seems in a hurry to clean it up.

2. Both Gem and Kirsty were clearly emotional, so I would question their professionalism in this dispute (they failed to follow procedure and hold a meeting such as this before ejecting me from the building). I would hypothesize that emotions were frayed due to their illusion of authority being shattered in front of everyone in the canteen. I believe that since they did not do their job properly (the job they were paid to do), that they should be counselled on how to handle the staff within the call centre and to follow the correct procedures.

3. The signs on the wall did not make it clear that putting your feet on the furniture was a rule, that would result in ejection from the call centre or a disciplinary. It seemed more like a request or an assumption. The sign reads "Please do not put your feet on the furniture. Thankyou." The word "please" implies a request. A request in itself does not demand fulfillment. The word "Thankyou" assumes that you have fulfilled the request, which is an insult because everyone knows that a request does not demand fulfillment.

In light of these facts (excluding hypothesis), I believe that the disciplinary action taken against me on this matter should be quashed on the grounds that the floor manager did not state with full accuracy the policy (or resulting consequences) on resting lower limbs (or other parts of the body) on company furniture. This cannot be put down to a simple matter of common sense, theoretically I could have rested my legs on the table (with my feet hanging off the side) without question. I would further request a full day's pay in light of losses incurred as a result of this dispute.

Apologies are bargaining chips for the weak.
  handle is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
slimfrikinshady
spaceman spiff

slimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to allslimfrikinshady is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to slimfrikinshady Send a message via Yahoo to slimfrikinshady
Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 03:16 PM

you're an idiot. I predict you get fired soon.. very soon.
*A*
Josh's Booty Call

EW Cash: 5526.00
*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 03:49 PM

word.

if the signs say don't put your feet on the table, then don't do it. i'm sure you wouldn't like it if people went into your house and disrespected your rules like that.

you need to have more respect for people, that's what your problem is.
  *A* is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Bernard
The Strongest Heart

EW Cash: 2540.00
Bernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Bernard Send a message via Yahoo to Bernard
Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 04:05 PM

Handle... you're crazy. Is this why Mystery calls you Boss? I think that you just need to apologize. All of your arguing is going to get bombarded with common sense and you will lose. If that doesn't happen, then you most certainly are one lucky son of a gun. But hey, you can roll those dice if you want to.

There is no impossible, it is only a matter of effort.

Still an Oracle.
  Bernard is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 04:49 PM

Quote:
you're an idiot.
For...what? Standing up for my rights as an individual?

Quote:
if the signs say don't put your feet on the table, then don't do it.
Well I have already established what the sign said, and how I interpreted it.

Quote:
All of your arguing is going to get bombarded with common sense and you will lose.
Share some of this devastating common sense with me then, then I can look like a fool here and at work. Prick.

I'm in no doubt that my disciplinary will stand and I won't see a penny of my losses, but hey, it's the thought that counts.

*A*
Josh's Booty Call

EW Cash: 5526.00
*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web*A* owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handle
Well I have already established what the sign said, and how I interpreted it.
Well, if it nicely asks you not to put your foot there, that's not asking too much.

and you didn't need to put your foot on the table, you just wanted to and be a prick.
  *A* is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 06:02 PM

No, that's what you want to believe, it doesn't represent the facts. I wanted to rest my legs.

Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 06:21 PM

If you don't show respect to people they'll show no respect to your "logic" in return. So you'll have nothing to complain about when yo' ass gets fired. But i'm sure you prefer it that way.

This reminds me of Kitten. "I'm gonna stab myself in the heart because Big Brother said that it's a rule not to.. so I've gotta rebel for the sake of rebellion."
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Faye
OPTIMUS PRIME

Faye is a jewel in the roughFaye is a jewel in the roughFaye is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Faye
Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handle
For...what? Standing up for my rights as an individual?
Right. Keep stating that as your reason and you'll never be able to keep a job or do anything worth anything. It's not even about your rights. It's not about YOU, especially since this isn't your office and you didn't pay for anything in it including the table you're scruffing up. Even if you followed all the rules and were the best worker there your attitude would probably still get you fired.

Quote:
but my needs come before anyone else's.
YOU FAGGOT
GOT ME STRESSIN THIS FULLY
AUTOMATIC

YOUR DEATH THEY SAID THAT WAS TRAGIC
YOU FAGGOT
OUT ON THE CORNER JUST WAITIN TO GET
HIT
b
Man, Playboy is the GOAT.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  Faye is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-10-2004, 09:41 PM

Quote:
This reminds me of Kitten. "I'm gonna stab myself in the heart because Big Brother said that it's a rule not to.. so I've gotta rebel for the sake of rebellion."
I'm a professional kitten with justification.

Faye.

Eminem169
Bizzyatch Magnet

Eminem169 is a jewel in the roughEminem169 is a jewel in the roughEminem169 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Eminem169 Send a message via MSN to Eminem169 Send a message via Yahoo to Eminem169
Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-11-2004, 12:14 AM

I think that the main problem here and one of the main reasons for your ejection was not because you disobeyed the sign but rather for your disrespect for someone of a higher position. It is expected that you being a worker would respect anyone of higher position and I believe that thus is the main reason why you were ejected from the building.
You Evil Metal Man

EW Cash: 5.00
T1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to T1 Req
Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-11-2004, 07:04 AM

I hardly think being asked not to put your feet on the table is a real violation of your rights as an individual. If the sign had said "Do not put your feet on the table, this is not a request" you'd have found some way to be a nuisance.

This reminds me of a girl I've supervised at work a couple of times called Liz. She's spectacularly lazy and surly, and I've just given up asking her to do anything. If you bring out a trolley of pop and ask her to work on that she'll do it...until you go in the back. Then you can watch on the security camera as she stands there and does nothing for the rest of the night. The papers are meant to be bundled up and put away at 9pm. She knows this. I came out at 9.30 to start facing up and the papers were there, in all their glory. Hey, she's only worked about 20 evening shifts, she must be unfamiliar with this procedure. So I asked her to do the papers. 10pm and....what's this? They're UNTOUCHED. I did them myself while she cashed her till up, and missed my bus home because of the cow. So I kept her in for 50 minutes after closing time while I went around and painstakingly did everything she was meant to do from 8pm onwards. I'm printing off a list to give her next time, because if I have to come out and tell her every little thing it won't get to 10 without me yelling "you know, if you weren't so lazy you might not be so fat". If there is a next time. Trish, the manager, said today the safe was down £5 today and she found a £5 note wedged in a roll of reduced stickers. We're meant to put money in little plastic pods, but I guess no-one made Liz aware of this...
  T1 Req is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-11-2004, 07:29 PM

See, I'm nothing like Liz. When it comes to my job, I give 150% (literally, my productivity target is 96% and I regularly get over 100%). It's just everything else that annoys me....

1. Is there a headset with the computer I want to use?
2. I find a headset, but no curly wire to connect it.
3. I find both a working headset and curly wire, but the auto-update is down.
4. I find all of the above but I have to restart the program, which won't restart.
5. So I restart the computer, in the hopes that it'll load, but now I can't fucking log in correctly because it's locked me out for no reason.

Times the above by 50 (computers) and they wonder why I scream at the computers and the idiotic assholes I have to speak to on the end of the phones.... "Which station are you travelling from?" ....caller: "Home". Give me a fucking break.

So, I had the meeting with my employers today about the dispute. I gave my side of the story, I also presented the written document I posted earlier in this thread. Heh, I got to keep a copy of each person's view of events that was involved in the dispute....

From my former team leader, Anubhava.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.mcleod4/anubhava.gif

From the facilities manager, Jem Sarna.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.mcleod4/jemsarna.gif

From the call centre manager, Kate Bonser.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.mcleod4/katebonser.gif

I've already won twice - I get to keep my job, and have three days pay for doing fuck all!!!

Who needs a fucking union?!

T1 Req
You Evil Metal Man

EW Cash: 5.00
T1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to T1 Req
Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-11-2004, 07:47 PM

I see that National Rail Enquiries is much like T&S in that people who barely have a grasp of written English can get way ahead in the company.
  T1 Req is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
handle
Registered abuser

Old Re: Hahahaha, I got thrown out of work!!! @ 06-11-2004, 08:23 PM

Well Anubhava can't even speak properly. He says things quietly, and even then he can't seem to space words out.

"I'm call facilymanger".

Translates to....

"I'm calling the facilities manager".

Closed Thread