eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion

*~Leah Bia~*
Bank's baby girl. :)

EW Cash: 31285.00
*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web

Send a message via MSN to *~Leah Bia~*
Old Miltary/War/Government @ 10-05-2007, 06:06 PM

This was the topic of the last bunch of pages to Tia's thread, titled "So pretty"... which was supposed to be about deer. LOL

So, let's talk about it here instead. Some of the things below are what were discussed.

What are your beliefs on war in general?
..................................war in Iraq?
..................................the American Government?
What are your opinions on the troops fighting for our country?

Discuss.

EW Cash: 3045.00
-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Tough topic, lost my best friend in Iraq.

Because of that I hate war, however I wouldn't mind a gun and killing every single person over there for revenge.

Btw, the "leahmathers" is very familiar, did you use to post anywhere else?
  -J- is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
*~Leah Bia~*

*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web*~Leah Bia~* owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Just my myspace url...?

I think.

Oh, on HHS I am MrsShadyMathers I think. Or something like that. I don't know. lol

This is the only board I post actively on...when I'm posting actively that is.

EW Cash: 3045.00
-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light-J- is a glorious beacon of light

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Oh, I hail from HHS too. That must be it. (sorry to go off topic)
  -J- is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
*~Leah Bia~*

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-05-2007, 06:14 PM

Don't let it happen again.

EW Cash: 360895.00
Denz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-05-2007, 08:12 PM

This sums America up; "A nation built on freedom, fear, and hate, the denotation of Irony". Freedom is the constitution. Fear is when the government do stupid things like when blew their own submarine to get the public on their side. Not saying they need to blow anything up but itís so easy to sway people. Luckily for them Bin Laden came so they didn't have to create some wicked scenario. I'm not sure about hate though but Iím sure I can think of something, lol.

The war was founded on in-correct data. It wasn't right but at least it intentionally exposed Saddam's mass killings. Anyway, there's no point "crying about spilt milk" because no-one's ever gonna get in trouble for the "fuck-up".

I think the soldiers should stay there until the problem has sorted. For instance the British soldiers have just withdrawn from Northern Ireland after decades. Its part of war, you can't have a war and then just leave. I can't see how there would be a complete withdraw for many decades. Northern Ireland has like 20 people living there, lol, Iraq must have a massive population and plus, I think there are like 4 countries around it so itís going be in more danger.

I do care about soldiers who are fighting but I donít have sympathy towards them. To me, it's their job if their not prepared to get hurt, then their in the wrong job. And yes, it is a job; it's not like their doing it for free. If they were doing it for free, I would have sympathy. I don't get why everyone wants their soldiers home so fast. When their just going to get paid for "training" and drinking beer, best off doing some real work if you ask me.

The government have proven time and time again that they care more about corporate America than their people. The federal bank should be a single entity but they seem to be influenced by the government. Proof of this was shown last month when they cut interests rates which increases the chances of inflation. The rich people won't be as affected by inflation since they have more money.

I seriously wanted to hit Bush through my TV today, not because it's him but he had the queerest smirk I have EVER seen and he was boasting about absolute nothing , lol. Either he just got laid before the conference or heís a very smart man. I'm going for the first option.

I think the American government are a bunch cunning cunts. It's funny how they always have this well publicised "global warming" meetings but they never actually sign anything. Another great example on how they love the rich people and corporate America. When I say cunning, I don't mean they fooled me. They'll never trick me !

I don't hate them, I just think they're a joke, and I couldn't really give a fuck about Bush, he's nothing. At the end of the day, fair-play to them, their just looking out for their own, just like I do for my friends but on a much much much smaller scale, lol. .....
We refuse to lose, you refuse to lose, I donít give a fuck where your from, Lets refuse to lose, thereís a whole system setup to deny our culture, and belittle us and we say fuck that, we individuals, everybody in this mutharfucka today. We must love each other, love ourselves, knowledge is self, understanding is wisdom.
  Denz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Cain
Kari's Booty Call

Location: In the realms of my mind looking at those who have left and that which is mine
EW Cash: 85397.50
Cain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem WebCain owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Cain Send a message via MSN to Cain
Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-05-2007, 10:29 PM

The war was poorly planned and strategy was conceived through only the idea that we would be welcomed in as the glorious liberators. Sadly the military leaders neglected the fact that there are a lot of people pissed about the stupid shit we did with Iraq in the past. Installing Saddam Hussein's party as the leadership of Iraq, pulling funding and supplies for a force of Iraqis who were willing to work with us in overthrowing Saddam and punishing the people for Saddam being a douchebag through trade sanctions which minimized part of the flow of food into Iraq.

The American government is going to lead to its own fall. It managed to get as corrupt and decadent as Rome in less than half the time. It either needs to re-evaluate itself and start working properly or it will break itself apart.

My opinions on the troops is that they are in a bad situation because of politicians who would make sure that their own kids don't make it to where the action is hot. I support the troops. I don't support the war or the current politicians in place. I also think that the fighting force of the troops could be better utilized in areas like Darfur and Burma.
When I'm done with my vegetables, where should I put the wheelchairs.

Now for something entirely different....meaning serious.

Make love not war
Don't trust the government of the US
If the world changes you, then you can change the world.
  Cain is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Bernard
The Strongest Heart

EW Cash: 2540.00
Bernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem WebBernard owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Bernard Send a message via Yahoo to Bernard
Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 11:12 AM

^ The sad truth is that most Americans don't care about other countries or how we interact with them. If Americans don't care about foreign relations then you can bet that no politician is going to give it much attention. Politics is all about winning the vote and foreign policy will not win you many votes.

There is no impossible, it is only a matter of effort.

Still an Oracle.
  Bernard is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
amber
boop-oop-a-doop

EW Cash: 17780.00
amber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad game

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 12:32 PM

I think I already stated my opinions on it very clearly in the other thread, but...

I still think it's fucked up how the American government will go out of its way to "help" other nations (and by 'help' I mean 'destroy') but they don't want to help Americans.

Remember Hurricane Katrina? It took five days just for Bush to actually do something about it, meanwhile people are starving, raping each other, stranded on their rooftops, but Bush was more concerned with his war.

Or just recently when Bush vetoed a child health care plan because it was too "costly." So it's more important to spend billions of dollars on a bullshit "war" each year that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but spending an extra $50 or so million each year on helping Americans get the health care they deserve is such a burden?

Again, the government doesn't give two shits about us. They're more concerned with their foreign affairs and sticking their noses where they don't belong. That's what makes terrorists jump on planes and fly them into our buildings.

amber is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
-NinjaMic-
Huge Member

EW Cash: 2380.00
-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 01:00 PM

War is bound to happen... where there are two, there is dispute. When there are three, someone takes a side or gets trampled in the middle. The globe is three ad infinitum. I don't like it. Until there's no limit to everything that a person could want, there will always be a tug of war in the mind that affects the physical world we live in. This all trickles into the politics that are debates in grand theatre, and wars that act as their simulated outcomes.

The war in Iraq... well, as much as I hate to say it - Someone had to do something after 9/11... but was this what we were supposed to be doing? I don't care what people say about "bring 'em home" or "it's pointless to try and solve other's problems" - we're already there. If we just pull out overnight, the whole world will be irreparably damaged for centuries to come, the middle east will descend into an even more unimaginable (or at least unforseeable) level of chaos, our "enemy" will only be transformed into something more deadly and further reaching across time and terra... and the citizens there need as much care and concern as any human being we're trying to save by bringing back. I saw an author on Bill Maher the other night saying "no, I don't think an American life is worth trading for Israel" or something like that... this patriotism is too extreme. Humans are humans, but the idea of which side to be on begs it's own question - the guest, what's her face from the Matchmaker, the comedian chick (?)... she hit the nail on the head of new-school thought; international citizens. How does a global nation come about though... who's policy is best?

It's going to cost more money, pay for it. More troops, more equipment, more care and concern... better chances of success and survival for everybody involved; strength in numbers. The society isn't going to be rebuilt by instituting a regime and leaving (or just leaving), it's scarred mentally and the unforseeable generational effects are yet to come. It can't just come down to "more jobs" and "new religion"... that's too drastic, too alienating, too ready to adopt the admittadly flawed system of corporate servitude we already have here. Wal Mart: Iraq Branch isn't the answer, 'cause all that does is make the Walton's richer.

I have to stop here... or I'll stop making sense.

The American government... felons and children should be allowed to vote, and voting should be required. Not voting should be accompanied by a fine, and all business small to large should give it's workers pay for any time taken off for a day of contributing to democracy... just like Jury duty. Political offices should be volunteer positions, non-profit room-and-board plus meal kind of jobs... and the white house should be used as an oprhanage, not as a private resort. All children should have free healthcare, the best education for free, all schools should get all the tax money used for sports as well as it's revenue. Kill the insurance racket completely, pay doctors and teachers the most... medical equipment and research costs should be regulated and compensated for, ala oil prices. Gas powered vehicles should be completely abolished, nobody should have a 600 room mansion on their own mountain while someone else has a cardboard box UP WITH COMMUNISM heh

The troops are cool... good luck, keep a journal.

LU.G.-T.O.L.M.M.S/C-E.S.K.-M.I.A.

-NinjaMic- is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
-NinjaMic-
Huge Member

-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 01:08 PM

...and on continuing the war... I don't want people dying, troops or citizens. I never would have wanted it to come to this in the first place, to authorize a war was insane... people threw the word around after 9/11 like it was going out of a style. The gravity of "yes to war" makes saying "I Love you" the first time, seem like saying "hi" to your best friend. It's disgusting to me how the overwhelming majority of people were in favor of going to war, thinking it would be as easy as dropping a bomb and leaving... complaining about what the government's doing, and demanding an immediate end to the war, as if they had no hand in the public pressure. Saying "I stopped supporting the war because it's not working anymore... we have to give up" when years ago it was all gung ho cowboy shit. How was it ever working to begin with? It can't ever work... it's messy, bloody, and ugly... and is never truly over.

Eleven
~1124~

EW Cash: 45729.00
Eleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem WebEleven owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to Eleven Send a message via Yahoo to Eleven
Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 01:22 PM

war, bad!

government, bad!

military? not so bad....i mean they are just doing a job, i don't agree with the war or agree with a lot of what happens within' the army but i don't blame the army for this...i blame the government.
  Eleven is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
-NinjaMic-
Huge Member

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 01:53 PM

I blame censorship. Alot of people were scared to go against the tide, or just got caught up in it so any counter voices were rarely voiced or shut out entirely... you couldn't dare criticize anything after 9/11 for a long time, or you could very well have been mauled by some zealous patriots (most of whom would probably just join the mob for their own safety)... or arrested on grounds of suspicion of treason. Everyone felt they had to think one way because "united we stand, divided we fall" - you're either with us, or against us. Who was "us" though?

There was a guy that got arrested here in CO after the Virginia Tech thing, in his college. The next day in class they were talking about whatever, and he was saying "I can understand how he could be so angry... I mean, even these lights make me angry" - probably trying to vaguely convey the idea of being enraged so much at everything to where you explode with mindless violence. Bam... within minutes someone was "worried that he was dangerous" - confuse someone, touch a nerve, empathize or sympathize in any way and you can count on trouble in a time of "national crisis" and hysteria.

Denz
Dr Dre 2001

EW Cash: 360895.00
Denz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem Web

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Or just recently when Bush vetoed a child health care plan because it was too "costly." So it's more important to spend billions of dollars on a bullshit "war" each year that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but spending an extra $50 or so million each year on helping Americans get the health care they deserve is such a burden?
What kind of health-care costs $50 million . If I was you, I'd opt not to have it. That works out like $6 for each person per year. You'll be lucky to get free condoms for that price. If you want I'll donate my 27 $1 bills to the health fund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NinjaMic- View Post
It's going to cost more money, pay for it. More troops, more equipment, more care and concern... better chances of success and survival for everybody involved; strength in numbers. The society isn't going to be rebuilt by instituting a regime and leaving (or just leaving), it's scarred mentally and the unforseeable generational effects are yet to come. It can't just come down to "more jobs" and "new religion"... that's too drastic, too alienating, too ready to adopt the admittadly flawed system of corporate servitude we already have here. Wal Mart: Iraq Branch isn't the answer, 'cause all that does is make the Walton's richer.
I totally have the exact same sentiments.
We refuse to lose, you refuse to lose, I donít give a fuck where your from, Lets refuse to lose, thereís a whole system setup to deny our culture, and belittle us and we say fuck that, we individuals, everybody in this mutharfucka today. We must love each other, love ourselves, knowledge is self, understanding is wisdom.
  Denz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
amber
boop-oop-a-doop

EW Cash: 17780.00
amber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad gameamber has mad game

Old Re: Miltary/War/Government @ 10-06-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NinjaMic- View Post

The war in Iraq... well, as much as I hate to say it - Someone had to do something after 9/11...
Iraq didn't attack us.

Quote:
What kind of health-care costs $50 million
typo: billion

amber is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote