eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > Film & Entertainment

Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old Lost @ 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM

So... who's watching the best show on television?
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Jon Bon Jovi

EW Cash: 96555.00
Jon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem WebJon Bon Jovi owns Eminem Web

Send a message via MSN to Jon Bon Jovi
Old Re: Lost @ 11-12-2006, 04:27 PM

I've watched a few episodes. It's actually really good, I just don't watch it anymore.
and hypocrites who think the same shit but don't say shit
You Liberace's, Versace's, and you nazis
Watch me, cause you thinkin you got me in this hot seat
You motherfuckers wanna JUDGE me cause you're NOT me
You'll never STOP me, I'm TOP speed as you POP me
I came to save these new generations of babies
from parents who failed to raise 'em cause they're lazy
to grow to praise me I'm makin 'em go crazy
That's how I got this whole nation to embrace me
And you fugazi if you think I'ma admit wrong
I cripple any hypocritic critic I'm sic'd on
And this song is for any kid who gets picked on
A sick song to retaliate to, and it's called..
  Jon Bon Jovi is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
!@#$%^&*()_+

EW Cash: 904.00
!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web!@#$%^&*()_+ owns Eminem Web

Send a message via AIM to !@#$%^&*()_+
Old Re: Lost @ 11-16-2006, 01:08 AM

my wife and I are hooked on the show. It sucks that the season resumes in Feb...the last episode this year was last week...arghhh!

EW Cash: 1070.00
Plasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to all

Old Re: Lost @ 11-17-2006, 02:03 PM

So hey, here's a question about the best show on TV:

Michael runs off after Walt. He is captured and the Others tell Jack, Kate and Sawyer that they want them all to stay far, far away from their part of the island.

A few days later, Michael is told by the Others that he and Walt can go free if he manages to bring Jack, Kate and Sawyer to their part of the island.

Why didn't they just nab them when they had them?

"Who knew what evil lurked in the hearts of men? A copper, that's who. After ten years you thought you'd seen it all, but the shadows always dished up more. You saw how close men lived to the beast. You realised that people like Carcer were not mad. They were incredibly sane. They were simply men without a shield. They'd looked at the world and realised that all the rules didn't have to apply to them, not if they didn't want them to. They weren't fooled by all the little stories. They shook hands with the beast."
Terry Pratchett, "Night Watch"
  Plasma Housefly is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Riz
Drat...

Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old Re: Lost @ 11-18-2006, 05:48 PM

All will be revealed, my friend. I hope.

It's funny, because I remember when Lost first started and you were saying that it's good. I was like, "it's okay, but it's too much of the same thing and Locke's the only interesting character." I pity my former self, for I knew nothing. It's joined the Holy Trinity (Buffy, The Simpsons, The Royle Family) for my favourite shows of, like, ever.
Plasma Housefly

Plasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to allPlasma Housefly is a name known to all

Old Re: Lost @ 11-18-2006, 06:08 PM

Heh. Whereas I have grown a little disillusioned. Mainly because I was downloading it, and really getting into it, and they delayed episodes by three weeks and then it'd be about something retarded like Charlie deciding the baby needs to be baptised. Remember the army Jack and Ana Lucia were supposed to be training? The writers don't, apparently. Things getting introduced and then never referred to again like that pissed me off. What's funny is that they're actually stretching the story out to meet the six-season contract or whatever it is they have now, and they still can't build up plot points like that!

But I'm eager to know what's behind the curtain. And I like a fair few of the characters. So I'll be tuning in (to uTorrent) every week from February, to watch, say, 83 minutes of Mexican Guy hitting his hand with a hammer and whining about it and wondering why the hell i watch this show.

"Who knew what evil lurked in the hearts of men? A copper, that's who. After ten years you thought you'd seen it all, but the shadows always dished up more. You saw how close men lived to the beast. You realised that people like Carcer were not mad. They were incredibly sane. They were simply men without a shield. They'd looked at the world and realised that all the rules didn't have to apply to them, not if they didn't want them to. They weren't fooled by all the little stories. They shook hands with the beast."

Last edited by Plasma Housefly; 11-18-2006 at 06:10 PM..
  Plasma Housefly is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Riz
Drat...

Old Re: Lost @ 11-18-2006, 07:52 PM

I think the thing that throws a lot of people off (including myself at times) is that they've only been on the island a couple of months. So Jack talking about building an army only happened about a week ago their time.

Also, people complain that not enough gets revealed, but consider what we learnt in season 2 compared to season 1.
Riz
Drat...

Old Re: Lost @ 12-01-2006, 06:11 PM

Hmm. Season 3 has been a bit disappointing so far. Here's hoping it picks up.
soul-intent

EW Cash: 215.00
soul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant future

Send a message via MSN to soul-intent
Old Re: Lost @ 12-18-2006, 07:51 PM

shit i missed nearly all season 3. sky baught the show from chanel 4 over here in the uk and i dont gots sky. someone update me?
  soul-intent is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Riz
Drat...

Old Re: Lost @ 12-19-2006, 10:42 AM

*SPOILERS FOR SEASON 3 SO FAR*

Jack, Kate and Sawyer have been taken back to The Other's camp. Kate and Sawyer are locked in cages and have got it on, baby. Henry Gale, whose real name is Benjamin, has got a large tumor on his spine. Jack is a spinal surgeon.
Ben: "Do you believe in God, Jack?"
Jack: "Do you?"
Ben: "I get a tumor on my spine, and then a spinal surgeon falls out of the sky. If that isn't proof, I don't know what is."

The hatch exploded, but there's been no real follow up to it. Desmond seems to have got psychic powers from it somehow, and Locke has a new sense of purpose and has returned to his badass-season1-hunter persona. Ecko was attacked by two polar bears. Once he recovered, he journied pack to The Pearl to go to his dead brother's body. While he was there, the Smoke Monster attacked and *gasp* killed him.

Jack agrees to operate on Benjamin. As he starts the operation, he cuts one of his vital organs and tells the Others he has an hour until he bleeds to death. He tells them they have to let Kate and Sawyer go, or he'll let him die.

Only one slight problem. They're on a seperate island than the main Losties.
soul-intent

EW Cash: 215.00
soul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant futuresoul-intent has a brilliant future

Send a message via MSN to soul-intent
Old Re: Lost @ 12-19-2006, 01:19 PM

wow seems to be gettin good and major props for the update
  soul-intent is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote
Riz
Drat...

Old Re: Lost @ 02-11-2007, 05:32 PM

So, Lost returns after it's mid-season breaks and it's promising to be back on form.

Req, I can retun the favour and put up summaries if you want. If you do, say where you've last seen up to. Don't worry if you don't want me to, though, I won't be offended by your poor taste.
Plasma Housefly

Old Re: Lost @ 02-11-2007, 06:34 PM

I'm downloading it religiously. I can always get recaps at televisionwithoutpity.com anyway.

Here's a weird thing though:

JACK: If you really can leave the island, why not just take him to a facility? Why all this?

TOM(who is a nice guy really): Well, ever since the sky turned purple-

*everything goes mental and Jack and Tom can no longer talk about the plot*

The sky turned purple at the end of series 2, right? That same episode, Jack, Kate and Sawyer were kidnapped. It looks a lot like Tom is saying the sky=purple has stopped them being able to leave the island, but he can't possibly mean that. So did the sky turn purple before? Was that the "incident"? And how come Walt and Michael could leave?

OR COULD THEY??????

Riz
Drat...

Old Re: Lost @ 02-12-2007, 06:46 AM

Well, the answer to that is...

*suddenly gets distracted and can't reveal the answer*

Excellent episode. Jack once again proves that he's the only Jack that matters on television.
Plasma Housefly

Old Re: Lost @ 02-16-2007, 04:22 PM

This last episode was amazing. And I have no idea what the hell happened in it. Are the Dharma people travelling back in time, manipulating events to bring all the islanders together? If Desmond hadn't come to the island Kelvin would have left and the magnet would have gone off with no-one to stop it. Why is it best for Desmond to be there? If their powers are hardcore enough to plant a little old woman in a jewellery shop can we assume that events are turning out exactly as they planned? The plane crash, Kelvin's death, the fail-safe being detonated right at that moment? Because they could have gone back and blown up the magnet whenever they wanted, right? Or ensured that the button was securely staffed at all times, or even stopped the incident from ever taking place. Right?