eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > Eminem > News

Denz
Dr Dre 2001

EW Cash: 335395.00
Denz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem Web

Old Eminem & Mayor @ 07-01-2005, 02:23 PM

Grammy award winning multi-platinum recording artist Eminem joined the undisputed Hip Hop Mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick to help raise money for a local Detroit organization during Wednesdayís fireworks celebration in downtown Detroit. Eminem performed before a $175-a-ticket crowd, atop a parking structure overlooking Detroitís riverfront.

Mayor Kilpatrick, a young eloquent African American man, has been dubbed the Hip Hop mayor, because of his ties to the Black community, and his affinity for hip hop culture. Although most people use the term affectionately, there are others who use it to connote a negative, thuggish image.

People are coming to see the largest fireworks display in the country, thereís a family atmosphere, a lot of food, a lot of fun. This is what Detroit is about. I donít mind it ( the term Hip Hop Mayor). Itís been used here to be a negative thing in our press; but thatís how I grew up. I grew up listening to rap, I grew up on hip hop and I donít want to run away from it, but I want people to know that thereís much more to the hip hop community than just songs and music. Thereís dynamism, thereís creativity, and thereís electricity. Together with all those components we can do anything. And thatís what I want people to know as well. I put a call in to him, asked him to come out and do it. He said yes, if he could do it for the city that he would. Thatís a good man. He wants to do more and more for the city. He recognizes that he got his start, his grittiness, his style from the city of Detroit, and weíre thankful that he came out to represent his city.

The event raised an estimated $350,000 for The Parade Company, which organizes the fireworks and the Thanksgiving Day parade. Slim Shady also heads the Marshall Mathers Foundation, a non-profit group which seeks to benefit children in southeast Michigan.
  Denz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote