eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Riz
Drat...

EW Cash: 1969.00
Riz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant futureRiz has a brilliant future

Old Obese man sues fast food chains... @ 08-23-2002, 05:37 AM

A New York lawyer is taking action against the purveyors of foods he claims are responsible for his clients' obesity and health problems.

Alleging that McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and KFC Corp. post irresponsible and deceptive nutritional information and create a de facto addiction in their customers, attorney Samuel Hirsch filed suit Wednesday in Bronx Supreme Court in New York.

The suit also seeks to force the restaurants to offer healthier items and ingredients on menus.

"You don't need nicotine or an illegal drug to create an addiction, you're creating a craving," Hirsch told Fox. "I think we'll find that the fast-food industry has not been totally up front with the consumers."

According to The New York Post, plaintiff Caesar Barbar was a self-confessed fast-food junkie until 1996, when a doctor told him his diet was endangering his life.

Barbar said he started eating at fast-food chains years ago because it was cheap and efficient.

"I always thought it was good for you," he said. "I never thought there was anything wrong with it," Barbar told the Post. The 5-foot-10 maintenance worker weighs more than 270 pounds

Barbar is the lead complainant in the suit, but Hirsch claims to have six others, all regular fast-food customers suffering from ailments ranging from obesity to diabetes.

Damages sought in the suit have not been specified, but Hirsch has said that he wants to force the fast-food industry to, "offer a larger variety to the consumers, including non-meat vegetarian, less grams of fat, and a reduction of size" of their meals, along with federal legislation that would require warning labels on fast food similar to those on tobacco products".

Israel Bradley said his ritual of eating 1 pound of french fries a week gave him high blood pressure, diabetes, made him obese and forced him to walk with a cane.

Restaurant industry officials have lambasted the suit as ridiculous, and commented that personal responsibility is a factor deserving of consideration.

Walter Olson, a Manhattan Institute fellow, told Fox that the suit was a blatant attempt to cash in on recent publicity over obesity and the massive tobacco lawsuit judgements.
  Riz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
michelle
*isthebest*

EW Cash: 240.00
michelle is a name known to allmichelle is a name known to allmichelle is a name known to allmichelle is a name known to allmichelle is a name known to allmichelle is a name known to allmichelle is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to michelle
Happy Old 08-23-2002, 06:21 AM

LMAO that's one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in a while.

haha thanks for posting that, it gave me a good laugh.
  michelle is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
hellbound
Gory Days

EW Cash: 11.00
hellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to hellbound Send a message via Yahoo to hellbound
Old 08-23-2002, 08:47 AM

i heard this a few weeks back but its fucking funny
~kiss my ass, fucker~

EW Cash: 0.00
SeXiEgUrLiE is a jewel in the roughSeXiEgUrLiE is a jewel in the roughSeXiEgUrLiE is a jewel in the roughSeXiEgUrLiE is a jewel in the rough

Smoke Old 08-23-2002, 09:52 AM

LOL- People will sue for anything these days. look at all the money and calories he could be saving if he just ate at home.
Gory Days

EW Cash: 11.00
hellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to beholdhellbound is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to hellbound Send a message via Yahoo to hellbound
Old 08-23-2002, 10:10 AM

^yeah i know they sell if they find a crack in a wall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg circledtut.jpg (6.0 KB, 30 views)
Gangsta

brunk has tight gamebrunk has tight game

Send a message via AIM to brunk
Old 08-23-2002, 10:32 AM

Hahaha that brought in a good laugh...not knowing fast food is bad for you? hahaha get real

This rage I cannot let gooooo
  brunk is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
WickidGirlShady
Im cool & youre not *Mod*

WickidGirlShady is a splendid one to beholdWickidGirlShady is a splendid one to beholdWickidGirlShady is a splendid one to beholdWickidGirlShady is a splendid one to beholdWickidGirlShady is a splendid one to beholdWickidGirlShady is a splendid one to beholdWickidGirlShady is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to WickidGirlShady
Old 08-23-2002, 11:42 AM

lol! I think I remember someone telling me about this before. But come one, get real! Obviously fast food is bad for you! The french fries are drenched in oil, the burgers are soaked in lard, ugh! its gross to think about it, but everyone knows shit like McDonalds, Buger King, etc., is bad for you.

Eminem Madness

JOIN THE EMINEM MADNESS MESSAGE BOARD!

"That's the sound of a bottle when you swallow it all wallow and drown in your sorrow, and tomorrow you're porbably gonna wanna do it again, what's a little spinal fluid between you and a friend?"-Eminem, Drug Ballad

Anita loves JuMpMaN23
  WickidGirlShady is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Exodus

EW Cash: 220.00
Exodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to beholdExodus is a splendid one to behold

Old 08-23-2002, 12:39 PM

this is just sad

"Defeat glory, rather it's deep stories or helluva quotes
Never below, better than dope,
Off to the side, watchin you play games like the veteran coach
If what you spit off the top's never been wrote
Then why you all punchlines, you tellin a joke?
I'm never right, you'll forever be the best
I'll never be less than the best
Physically Christ, you guessed cuz never it's like
Equivalent to forever twice
The exception to the word perfection
I'll never be broke, if I ain't sellin you rap, I'm sellin you coke
Just when you thought I couldn't get better, I spoke
And sendin you back to the lab
What would you equal after the math, I'm tellin results
I'm bad as they come, time flys, I'm havin some fun
The second I spoke, the battle is won, what"

Royce
  Exodus is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Mr. Meyahgee
Medium Pimpin'

EW Cash: 17.00
Mr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope memberMr. Meyahgee is a dope member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Meyahgee
Happy Old 08-23-2002, 01:11 PM

lmao,...that's sad,..that you didnt know that "fast food's" is not good for you...some one should smack him/her

Mr. Meyahgee is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
-NinjaMic-
Huge Member

EW Cash: 2380.00
-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game-NinjaMic- has mad game

Old 08-23-2002, 04:16 PM

"I always thought it was good for you,"

That's ridiculous.

LU.G.-T.O.L.M.M.S/C-E.S.K.-M.I.A.

Last edited by -NinjaMic-; 08-23-2002 at 04:20 PM..
  -NinjaMic- is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
T1 Req
You Evil Metal Man

EW Cash: 5.00
T1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to beholdT1 Req is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to T1 Req
Old 08-24-2002, 12:10 PM

You'd never get that happening in England. Here's an amazingly trivial story from the news I saw though:
A ten year old boy bought a hamster in a shop in his town and when he caught the bus home the bus driver said that would be an extra 10p for the hamster. He didn't have this 10p and could have been stranded in town (may I add that that's bullshit, the bus service in my area has these little bits of card you write your name and address on and if they're feeling particularly petty one day they can chase you up looking for your measly 50p you owe them and find out that you gave them a fake address), but was helped out by a friend. The boy says that this event "has not put him off buses".
I mean, is it a really slow week for news or something? Or am I missing something and hamsters are a sacred animal and to be charged 10p for one to travel is an unholy outrage?
  T1 Req is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button    
Closed Thread