eminem web left web right
bar right
headlinesbar right footer

Go Back   Eminem Web Board > Main > Eminem > News

Denz
Dr Dre 2001

EW Cash: 330395.00
Denz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem WebDenz owns Eminem Web

Old Racism Regret @ 11-19-2003, 08:53 AM

Eminem has expressed his regret over comments he made on a 10-year-old recording, denying that he is racist.

Allegations of racism were made against the global hip-hop superstar in a press conference yesterday held by the owners of The Source magazine.

Ray Benzino and Dave Mays have run a series of editorials questioning the star's dominance in the hip-hop field. Benzino, a rapper himself, has traded numerous battle rhymes with Eminem in a long-running feud played out on underground mixtapes.

A tape played by the pair during the New York press conference included the lines: "Never date a black girl, because blacks only want your money/ And that sh*t ain't funny."

Another track featured the lines: "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that n***a sh*t/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit."

Eminem responded to the attack by claiming that he made the track in a fit of anger after splitting up with a black girlfriend.

"The tape they played today was something I made out of anger, stupidity and frustration when I was a teenager," he said.

"I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African-American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was.

"I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it into today."

"Ray Benzino, Dave Mays and The Source have had a vendetta against me, Shady Records and our artists for a long time."

Benzino and Mays wouldn't be drawn into a Q&A following the press conference but maintained that the allegations be treated with the same gravity as those levelled at high-profile black entertainers.

"Don't make this right now a double standard," Benzino said. "We got to treat this the same way you treat Mike Tyson, like you treat Kobe Bryant, like you treat R. Kelly, like you treat O.J. Simpson."
  Denz is offline   AddThis Social Bookmark Button     Reply With Quote