View Full Version : Playstation 2

Reflection
07-30-2002, 05:47 PM
I'm thinking of buying a PSX 2 [U.K. PAL], because of the DVD feature. Is the DVD feature any good? Does the DVD feature scratch up the DVD's etc? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Spike
07-30-2002, 06:00 PM
it's shite and not worth the money!

I've had a ps2, gamecube and xbox and if you want a game system with a dvd compatibility you should buy x box!

PS2's doesnt play certain types of dvd's e.g I have final fantasy the movie and it didnt play it! There were quite a few films I have that it doesnt play but if you buy the x box and the x box adaption kit (20) it plays all dvd's with the world or world2 logo's on them (which is practically all of them)

Basically the ps2's dvd player is shite. Also it's no way as clear as the x box's :)

WickidGirlShady
07-30-2002, 09:52 PM
I have PS2 also, but I don't usually play my DVD's in them. I have a regular DVD player, so I use that instead. But some DVD's don't work in it, like Spike said. I tried watching some of my anime DVD's in there and they wouldn't play. Some DVD's aren't compatible in it. I dont have X Box or Gamecube, so I wouldn't know about them. But I'm sure Spike knows what he's talkin about. :)

Spike
07-31-2002, 06:11 AM
You can get a universal adaptor for the ps2 which plays all kinds of dvd's (like 99%) but I think that cost's in the region of 40 and I know it affect's your gaurentee in some manner because my friends ps2 packed up and they said his guarentee was void due to a certain type of universal adaptor he used so that's kinda risky.

I'd sy if you gotta chose out of the x box or the ps2 then chose the x box. It's game selection is not wide but it has some awsome games and the hard drive is a gift from god! It's so nice being able to add your own music to tony hawks and even better being able to save TONS of information on the x box itself without worry!

michelle
07-31-2002, 07:45 AM
Sorry this is off topic, but it was overlooked in another post. TicksandLeeches, do I know you under another name from somewhere else? Who are you?

Enigma
07-31-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Spike
it's shite and not worth the money!

i'll second that

hellbound
07-31-2002, 03:13 PM
yeah, i think that you should buy a X-box or just instead A DVD player, cause they play copied DVD's so u may as well get a normal DVD player!

-NinjaMic-
07-31-2002, 05:17 PM
It play's DVD's, PS1 games, and PS2 games.

If you're going to buy a DVD player, get a real one. If you want some dope games AND a useable DVD player, buy a PS2... 'cause Xbox's game library still isn't up to scratch. ...and that's not even counting the PS1 backwards compatibility.

I don't know if it's just a PAL thing, but the US PS2 plays Final Fantasy... and it at least looks sharper than my PC DVD player.

ShadyButterfly
07-31-2002, 06:14 PM
you should just get a dvd player..
i don't really like the playstation2 my sis has it and she don't even use it.!~ lol i think it be better to just get the dvd player

Reflection
07-31-2002, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll proberly buy the PSX 2 because of Grand Theft Auto III and Silent Hill 2.

"That's my secret", Michelle. Just kidding. :)
I totally forgot about the 'Head Hunters' topic, sorry. I was 'Kurt Cobain' on EminemBoard.

SeXiEgUrLiE
07-31-2002, 06:33 PM
^^Grand Theft Auto 3 kicks ass! I dont know about X box or anything but with PS2, the main prob I have with the DVD player is that the volume is SO low..i have to turn the volume up REAL loud just to hear it. its a pain in the ass.

Spike
07-31-2002, 07:23 PM
gta3 is apparently going to come out for x box with better graphics (obviously) and numerous extras and seeing as I already completed it on ps2 (it was well too easy) I am still content with my x box :)

hellbound
08-01-2002, 09:38 AM
GTA: vice city is out soon!!!

Base
08-01-2002, 10:52 AM
The only DVD I've ever played on my PS2 is The Eminem Show one and it worked fine.