PDA

View Full Version : Napster alternatives

-White Raven-
07-25-2002, 12:34 PM
Right, I just had to run a recovery on my computer, so I lost every damn thing that was on it, including my Kazaa program. This was the best P2P program after Napster was shut down IMO, but after the recovery I can't download it again. My anti-virus program rejects the file and won't allow the kazaa.exe file to be opened because it goes under the definition of a virus program.

Sooo, except from Kazaa, what other good P2P programs are good...? Any recommandations people...? I really need a new P2P, but haven't been able to find any good ones yet.

hellbound
07-25-2002, 01:06 PM
ok i have Soul Seek and it is dope, kazaa has got as virus so delete ti, if it sez it has it has. also iMesh and others!

soul seek's web page is http://www.soulseek.net

-White Raven-
07-25-2002, 01:52 PM
Aight, thanx. Never heard of it before, but I'll check it out... That url doesn't seem to be right tho... It redirects to roar.com

hellbound
07-25-2002, 01:57 PM
lol sorry ill try egt the link for u!

hellbound
07-25-2002, 02:12 PM
CLICK HERE FOR SOUL SEEK (http://www.soulseek.org/download.html)

Exodus
07-25-2002, 02:29 PM
WinMX is pretty good

michelle
07-26-2002, 12:36 AM
Kazaa is my favorite :(. Should I delete it also? What do you mean it has a virus? :(
AK, I like Imesh and Audiogalaxy. Hope you find one soon, I hated being without one! :D

-White Raven-
07-26-2002, 04:53 AM
Thanx for replying people. I tried Soulseek, but it couldn't have been many members online, cuz I recieved few hits... I'll check it again later, thanx for the link Hellbound.

Michelle: Kazaa contains something called "Spyware" and can cause a major security breach if someone are trying to enter your computer... Kazaa is a gateway for hackers in other words, that's why my anti-virus prog refused to open it. You should delete it if you want to keep hackers from accessing your PC, but it's up to you. I used Kazaa for 6 months without catching any viruses, but my new anti-virus program won't hear nothing of it, hehe.

I need a program with many users, because I download a lot of underground music. I'll take a look at Imesh. Thanx for the recommandation Michelle.

gobi
07-26-2002, 05:19 PM
morphues i think thats how u spell itits pretty much like kazaa

T1 Req
07-26-2002, 07:31 PM
WinMX doesn't suck too much. I had Kazaa but it's just too damn slow. I suppose those of us with a cable connection don't notice that though :mad:

michelle
07-26-2002, 07:55 PM
hehe those of us with cable connections think Kazaa is super fast (songs never take more than 5 mins) :p

-White Raven-
07-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Downloaded iMesh... the best one IMO of the ones I've tried... I'll settle with that one.

Smurfy'87
07-28-2002, 09:06 PM
www.mynapster.com

I had that before i got Kazaa i didnt like it much though...and yeah Morpheus, it's like kazaa I guess

Hope I helped

'87

Base
07-29-2002, 04:35 AM
You can get a version of Kazaa without Spyware called KazaaLite, the website is www.kazaalite.com .

Audiogalaxay was the best but that's gay now, they don't have any songs on it. WinMX sucks. Morpheus sucks even more.

I use this guy's FTP for all my music.