PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use cassettes anymore??

Spike
06-12-2002, 11:30 AM
With all the Cd burning equipment and the option to download off the internet I was wondering if anyone used cassettes anymore and if they annoyed you?

I use them to play in the car but I HATE the quality. It's so poor it pisses me off!!! :mad:

Base
06-12-2002, 12:54 PM
I never use them, unless there's something on Westwood i wanna tape, but thats pretty rare

hellbound
06-12-2002, 02:36 PM
i used to laods hbut now i have a cd rewriter i jsut use that :cool:

illegitimate
06-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Well, sine I don't have MTV or any channel that plays music I tape songs on the radio. SOMETIMES, like once in a month the radio plays a rap song so I tape it cuz radio here is shit. I've been taping all the rap songs that came on the radio since Jan'2002...the first side is almost done.

Im Shady
06-12-2002, 03:30 PM
^^ Word, I still tape songs off the radio, but that's all I use those pieces of shit cassettes for...man they fuckin suck. Anyway you can be damn sure that if I was EVER lucky enough to get a better computer with the net and a CD burner I would just download em and listen to em that way.

Spike
06-12-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm suprised how many peeps still use tapes lol!!

*A*
06-12-2002, 06:24 PM
i hate cassettes, they always sound so shitty. not very good quality at all.

Denz
06-12-2002, 07:04 PM
I just use Minidisc which holds like 300 minutes on one disc.

Peace

Tia
06-12-2002, 07:08 PM
my little brother uses them cuz hes not allowed to have CD's yet,he would scratch them up and shit.But I can't find the edited version of TES for him anywhere,and hes real sad :(

Everywhere I go they don't have hardly any tapes,and the ones they do are unedited.my mom don't care if he has the unedited version seein as he heres mine,she just knows he'll play it around his friends and she don't wanna be responsible for that,ya know?

But damn,nobody hardly even sells tapes anymore!:eek:

Kev
06-12-2002, 07:15 PM
yea i use em, so i can play music in my mom & dads car ;)

Bren
06-13-2002, 07:14 AM
i use mini disc (song mz-r5000)
cd, about 20 hi fis ;)
vinal allot, because i go tables
and yes i use tape too, i have some old mix tapes which i dont wanna loose.

Kev
06-13-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Tia
my little brother uses them cuz hes not allowed to have CD's yet,he would scratch them up and shit.But I can't find the edited version of TES for him anywhere,and hes real sad :(

Everywhere I go they don't have hardly any tapes,and the ones they do are unedited.my mom don't care if he has the unedited version seein as he heres mine,she just knows he'll play it around his friends and she don't wanna be responsible for that,ya know?

But damn,nobody hardly even sells tapes anymore!:eek:

the edited TES is on the net, if u still had your comp at home u coulda dled it :-/

BlueFlames
06-13-2002, 10:01 PM
I do.. but it's very very rare.. We'll buy tapes and tape songs to listen to while we're out for a drive. We did that in Our other car.. This one needs a radio so I'm going to get a cd playey installed so I might no ever use cassettes any more.

~*MEEK*~

I Love That
06-13-2002, 11:25 PM
I use tapes for small time distribution.

Spike
06-14-2002, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Tia

lol my lil bro has cd's and he loves them but they have so many scratches on them some are barely playable! He still loves them though :p

shortie
06-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Nope, I don't use tapes at all. I don't even have any. I still have a dual tape deck though for my stereo, but it just sits there making it seem like I have more stereo equipment. It was cheap so oh well.

Vinnie
06-14-2002, 01:19 PM
i do actually cuz every sunday night there's this great radio hiphop show with lots of cool not comercial songs ( a lot of comercial songs too but thats not the point)
i always tape the good songs

dus iedere nederlander ik kan je juice op 538 zeker aanraden@