PDA

View Full Version : Reanimation

Denz
07-17-2002, 06:36 AM
You have to listen to some tracks from the new Linkin Park album, Reanimation, Click here (http://reanimation.linkinpark.com/index.php). Its more hip hop than their usual metal. This album could be massive when it comes out so check it out.

Peace

Denz
07-17-2002, 06:55 AM
For Immediate Release

LINKIN PARK REINTERPRET HYBRID THEORY WITH HIP-HOP

June 7, 2002 (Los Angeles, CA) Multi-platinum selling artists, Linkin Park return to the music world with the release of Reanimation—a hip-hop and industrial rock-inspired interpretation of their Grammy Award winning debut, Hybrid Theory.

With appearances by rappers Pharoahe Monch, Aceyalone, Zion (of Zion I), and the Cali Agents along with rock artists Jonathan Davis, Stephen Carpenter and Jay Gordon (Orgy), the group’s second album is an experimental sonic fusion which defies the creative borders imposed by today’s commercial culture. And with production by such underground, beat-making legends as Alchemist, Kutmasta Kurt, Evidence, Linkin Park has brought together an eclectic cross-section of talent for what’s certain to redefine the way heads view the rock-rap phenomenon.

“I think this album offers up an element that’s so seamlessly mixed and different that many people will find themselves enjoying something they wouldn’t normally listen to,” comments Linkin Park’s lead MC, Mike Shinoda.

The track “High Voltage” features Shinoda and Pharoahe Monch hurling hardcore, intricately woven rhyme patterns over Evidence’s gritty piano loop and visceral bass thumps. While “Crawling,” showcases an emotionally riveting duet from Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington and Aaron Lewis (Staind) underlined by melancholy strings and an ethereal sensibility compliments of Shinoda.

“We went out and got artists whom we’ve always admired and whom we feel are at the absolute top level of what they do creatively,” adds LP’s dj, Joe Hahn. “As a result, what you hear represents the kind of music we’ve always wanted to make our entire lives. The whole reason why we’re musicians in the first place.”

And whether it’s the mega-hitting Zion I collabo “A Place For My Head,” or the melodic, Kutmasta Kurt-produced version of “In The End,” (featuring Motion Man), Reanimation’s varied sounds and energies make this album more than a standard remix record. “It’s almost a new record,” says Shinoda, who oversaw the project. “We didn’t plan for it to be this way,” he continues, “but once we got folks like Chali 2na laying down verses over beats, it became a much more involved project. We really recreated the sound of Hybrid Theory.”

No doubt, in the spirit of such risk-taking pioneers as Aerosmith, Run DMC, Rage Against The Machine, Outkast and The Roots, Linkin Park’s Reanimation is powerful enough to remind us that music, much like life, knows no bounds.

Reanimation drops July 30th.

Denz
07-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Front Cover

Base
07-17-2002, 10:47 AM
I thought Linkin Park were ok anyway, I'll wait till it comes out before I listen to any though. My RealPlayer sucks, and my soundcard is broken, lol.

Spike
07-17-2002, 06:59 PM
Dope stuff Denz thanks for the link :)

ShadyButterfly
07-17-2002, 07:30 PM
nice...

*A*
07-17-2002, 08:25 PM
awesome......linkin park kicks arse

WickidGirlShady
07-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Thanks for posting, I like Linkin Park, they're pretty cool. :)

Ayane
07-18-2002, 12:05 AM
thanx Denz i can't check it out now buh i will later...tha cover lookz gayness imo...~one~......

-White Raven-
07-18-2002, 07:27 PM
W00T! Thanx for the info Denz! I'm a Linkin Park fan, I absolutely love their music, but I haven't been updated on their upcoming album. I still haven't grown tired of their last one, but I can't wait for the next album to drop. I didn't know it was coming this early tho, so thanx again, you made my day, hehe.