PDA

View Full Version : Best producer?

-NinjaMic-
07-15-2002, 07:53 AM
I say RZA... '94 to '97 couldn't be fucked with, and even though Pete Rock and Prince Paul still hold the crown for conceptualized layering, RZA is untouchable for me in soundscaping. He has the illest combinations of melody with hard hitting drums and bass. NY producers are just now trying to flip styles he had locked in the mid '90's.

Primo only impresses me every so often, and Dre, while incredible, can be too predictable in sound style and thus detracts from the overall enjoyment of many, many ILL beats for me. He also lost a little subconscious respect from me what with all the Daz and Mel Man rumors.

Daz, Havoc, Erick Sermon, Necro and El P are the shit too... Timbaland and DJ Quik deserve shouts too.

All the upstarts like Alchemist and Kayne West are too unproven for me, and follow much in the footsteps of Havoc and RZA IMO.

So yeah... RZA.

Thoughts?

T1 Req
07-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Probably RZA too, although 36 Chambers and Tiacl had my least favourite production, like, ever...everything else I've heard from RZA (some Bobby Digital stuff like Brooklyn Babies, La Rhumba, etc and some Forever songs[why waste a good beat on a six minute skit??]) has been excellent. I loved the production on Iron Flag; In The Hood has something classic in its beat. Anyway, RZA yeah. Or Dre, but while he's made some great beats he's made plenty of mediocre ones too. And one or two stinkers. Poo.

-NinjaMic-
07-15-2002, 02:14 PM
You should really put Tical on a bad ass sound system and let the beats grown on you. The completely thundering basslines alone make the poroduction tight... but I used to dislike Tical the mot out of all the important Wu solos as well.

MC TeK5
07-15-2002, 07:13 PM
my pick is DJ premier.. i just love noddin my head 2 his shit.. in my opinion, if premier woulda produced ~ras kass- soul on ice~ it woulda been tha best CD
tha cd moment of truth is a classic, mainly becuz of tha beats

i also like FRED WRECK...... his beats are great.. but only certain mcs can really use his beats

havnt heard 2 much of RZA..

"He also lost a little subconscious respect from me what with all the Daz and Mel Man rumors."

explain this 2 me.. pleez

KŮG Kŧ
07-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Yall Forgot me
im a good producer
i produce for myself,PT Boyz,and Freestyle Ace clique

Kon Artis
07-16-2002, 02:00 AM
Dr.Dre,Slim Shady,Timbaland,all those niggas are the shit

-NinjaMic-
07-16-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by MC TeK5
explain this 2 me.. pleez

There's just alot of unconfirmed, but well spoken on rumors that Daz was responsible for everything Dre did at Death Row (he's been rumored to either have straight jacked the beats, or to have just touched them up), and that Mel Man is responsible for almost everything on 2001... along with others.

The theory was that Dre's name on a beat makes it more valuable. Regardless of great quality, a small time producer makes alot more money by selling a beat to a rich plagiarist than he could using it on his own.

I kinda believe, kinda don't, kinda want to, and kinda don't... you know?

MC TeK5
07-16-2002, 01:14 PM
yea.... that actualy makes sense, but on tha busta rhymes albums, it has sum beats produced by DRE and sum produced by mel-man...

thanks for clearin that up for me...
l