PDA

View Full Version : Astral projection and OBEs

ShadyButterfly
07-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Do u belive in Astral Projection and out of body expiriences?

michelle
07-09-2002, 07:34 AM
I think this is an interesting topic- I always tune into Unsolved Mysteries if they say this is gonna be on hehe.

But I don't know, I don't know anything about them (and I don't even know what 'astral projections' are honestly)- I've never known someone who told me they had one or anything. So I can't really form an opinion on it.

WickidGirlShady
07-09-2002, 02:10 PM
I don't really know what astral projects are either, sorry. But I believe in out of body experiences. I read a really interesting book about children's out of body experiences, or near death experiences. I forgot the name of it, my b/f's mom let me read it. It talked about kids who were really sick or injured and close to death would miraculously get better over night and the doctor's had no explination for it. They would talk to the kids and they would tell stories of how they were like floating over their bodies and how they went to a place that was like heaven and they saw god and he told them to go back "home" to their parents. It gave me chills when I read it, but it wasn't scary.

ShadyButterfly
07-09-2002, 07:06 PM
:eek: well im very familiar with this whole astral projection thang.
I have read lots of books and visited many websites. I've read of many people who "claimed" to have actually experienced Astral Projection and OUt of Body Expiriences.

Accordin' to some guy whos name i forgot lol.. everyone is able to do this and there are some methods... i've never try them lol but i would liek to... its kindda hard 'cause you can't have any disturbances., and my sister is alway makin a lot of noise!
well maybe i'll post them later on..

T1 Req
07-10-2002, 03:12 AM
I'm pretty cynical about anything supernatural. It basically pertains to religion, which...no.
I take the view that we're a bag of cells controlled by electrical impulses. If it was somehow possible for a part or duplicate of these impulses to escape the brain and reflect back in or something then I suppose that could create the effect of an out of body experience.
Stop me if I'm wrong by the way, but I think astral projection = when you're asleep or unconscious but your "mind" or soul or whatever travels around like a ghost...?

BlueFlames
07-10-2002, 03:47 AM
But I don't know, I don't know anything about them (and I don't even know what 'astral projections' are honestly)- I've never known someone who told me they had one or anything. So I can't really form an opinion on it.

Ditto

I've never head an out of body experience and I've never known anyone personally that's had one. So it's basicly hear-say until I hear it from a reliable soruce or experience it for myself.

~*MEEK*~

ShadyButterfly
07-10-2002, 04:09 PM
The Method

*Relax in a bed or reclining chair.

*Take deep breaths, allowing your breath to slow naturally. Do not force it to slow down.

*Induce sensations of "dropping" rapidly through the bed, several "inches" at a time. These must be quick "drops", not slow sinking feelings.

*Continue until you feel yourself "on the floor" and then rise up again.

*Allow yourself to drift towards sleep, pulling yourself back each time... but do NOT physically move your body. You should being feeling very heavy.

*As you drift towards sleep, you will see images. Use these images or create your own to focus on and stay aware.

*Soon you will feel vibrations. These are mild and you must remain passive.

*Visualize yourself floating above your body and feeling the "drops". As soon as you have left your body, you will know, mostly at first by the following sensation followed by a temporary "blindness" and lightweight feeling.