PDA

View Full Version : Who should be allowed to vote?

Tia
11-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Who should be allowed to vote:

A) Anybody who battles regularly, even if they tremendously suck
B) Anybody fair and unbiased who had lots of experience judging battles
C) Anybody who can prove that they could beat the person they voted against

I know what Jizm thinks, choice C, but I want to know what everyone else thinks...

Because I have plenty of experience judging battles, I used to judge different ones every single night on d12world for months, and NOBODY ever questioned my voting, not even the people I voted against, even though I never dropped anything myself. My vote was always respected. And I also have always watched how other people vote, so I know exactly what to look for even if I can't do it myself.

Secondly, how do you decide what a "true" battler is? Is it based on how often they battle, or how many times they win? What if somebody drops the illest shit you've ever seen, but thats the first time that you see them battle and they never do again? Would their vote count?

Or does somebody have to battle all the time and be considered "experienced"? What if they are really experienced and know all about rap but still suck? Can they vote?

And, even if somebody did have to prove they could beat you in a battle before they vote on one you're in, what the hell would that prove? To me winning a battle doesn't mean you are officially better than that person, it means you were hot that one time, or it could mean they were really lazy that day.

For example, I beat Focus in a battle on d12board before, and it wasn't newbie or dickrider votes either, it was respected people voting like Profane and Riz. He had been rapping for a long time and it was only my 3rd battle ever, does that mean I'm an iller emcee because I won? Hell no, it means I was having a good day.
I doubt I could beat him again.

So I have no idea how you would even determine if someone is a better rapper than you or not to vote on your battle, unless you and your competition agreed on 3 nuetral judges that you both really respected...but what if you were NinjaMic who is well respected by most everyone, and who the majority of the board voted the best emcee? Then who the hell could judge his battles? What about his battle to Jizm right now, can only people better than Ninja vote?

And even if Ninja votes on a battle that Jizm is in with someone else, does that naturally mean his vote is correct just because he can rap himself? Or is it merely an opinion, not a fact that can be proven? I don't see how his opinion could be more valid simply because he's talented.

I am interested in seeing what other people think about who should be allowed to vote, and how you could possibly even determine if they met those guidelines or not.

VegasBettie
11-25-2002, 08:33 PM
i kinda wish i could vote, but i dont because i am no emcee and i know that would be obnoxious and rude. i enjoy reading all the text stuff since i write. i would put some poetry up here if i could find my goddamn notebook :mad:

I would be nice though to be able to give input to writers. I am not asking to vote, just venting here.

Tia
11-25-2002, 08:39 PM
But I'm trying to determine what qualifies somebody as an "emcee" because I don't understand what does...you could rhyme all day but if you suck are you an emcee?

VegasBettie
11-25-2002, 08:45 PM
sounds like maybe you guys should vote on who should be able to vote. agree on some rules about who is qualified. maybe they need to be involved in a certain amount of battles, or post a number of text verses in the other forum or something like that.
so everyone feels like the voting is fair.

i am sure that mentol will have an opinion.

AllAboutMe
11-26-2002, 12:29 AM
straight up, i think anybody can vote as long as they give good reasoning on their pick and good analysis, gotta be honest vote though.

-NinjaMic-
11-26-2002, 12:44 AM
People who vote for me.

Crazee
11-26-2002, 01:10 AM
Only I should be allowed to vote

Ghetto Ninja
11-26-2002, 04:49 AM
i should b allowed to damn u sexorcist... i'm fuckin great! ;)

unknown_
11-26-2002, 02:35 PM
I remember on eminemboard anyone could vote, but u had 2 put ur reasons and show examples and u had 2 be unbiased,

T1 Req
11-26-2002, 03:33 PM
I choose option D.

Riz
11-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Surely if only [good] netcees can vote in battles/critique netcees then only pro's can critique pro's and none of us can ever discuss a rapper again.

I couldn't make a Hollywood blockbuster, that sure as hell doesn't mean I'm not gonna form an [educated] opinion on one when I go to the cinema though.

Tia
11-26-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Riz
Surely if only [good] netcees can vote in battles/critique netcees then only pro's can critique pro's and none of us can ever discuss a rapper again.

I couldn't make a Hollywood blockbuster, that sure as hell doesn't mean I'm not gonna form an [educated] opinion on one when I go to the cinema though.

Those are the same examples I used in another thread lol...at least I'm not the only one who gets it.

If Jizm woulda asked me to explain my vote better, I coulda done it in a 5 paragraph detailed essay, hell...that woulda been easy. I didn't explain my vote very good outta laziness but I would have if someone asked.