View Full Version : Tonedeff on the Austin Powers 3 Soundtrack!

I Love That
06-19-2002, 09:03 PM
...he was supposed to be anyway. The song got dropped in favor of a Britney Spears song. (why of course, that will be a much better song)

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/31/tonedeff.html

Download "Shag!" at his mp3 page.

Check out his other stuff too, because Tonedeff is one of my favorite MC's... a true lyricist that can actually make good songs.

Too bad it got dropped from the soundtrack, because it would have been nice to see Tonedeff get some shine, and it manages to be a very tight rap song that captures the Austin Powers feel.

Tonedeff's producer, Domingo, even flipped the theme music as a sample into a bangin' beat.

"The ultimate swinger's anthem. This song is a shining example of an oversite by major label execs, that think Britney Spears' ass sounds better than it looks."

I Love That
06-20-2002, 01:12 AM
- A video of Tonedeff performing "120 Seconds" on the Arsenio Hall Show in 1993 where he won 1st place and declined a deal with a major label (http://tonedeff.com/pics/vid_arsenio.jpg) -

MC TeK5
06-20-2002, 01:27 AM
nimrod is dope, i didnt know about that arsinio hall thing tho///
i didnt want him 2 be on austin powers anyway, i think he should be on sum popular hip-hop themed movie//

emcee1
06-20-2002, 07:51 AM
sucks that he got dropped.....he'll get a break one day though he got the talent

Kev
06-20-2002, 08:05 AM
tonedeff is ill
its a shame hes been dropped :(

Riz
06-20-2002, 12:51 PM
I wasn't feelin' the track. Shame he got dropped though.

Zoe
06-20-2002, 12:58 PM
damn shame he got dropped......:mad: ....sorry couldn't think of anything more constructive to say.........lol:o

*A*
06-20-2002, 01:12 PM
that was actually pretty hot...i never heard anything from him before but that was an alright track, as for me...

I Love That
06-20-2002, 10:23 PM
I was surprised that I'd like it, Riz. Figured it woult be some corny shit and that Tonedeff had taken his step into medicority, but I really like this track.

...and if anyone wants some more Tonedeff stuff "holla".