PDA

View Full Version : Religion /dating

BlueFlames
06-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Would you date someone that didn't share the same religious beliefs as you?

Riz
06-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Yeah.

I Love That
06-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Always have.

Spike
06-18-2002, 06:44 PM
I already do. I don't believe in go but my gf is catholic

Sweetpea
06-18-2002, 11:15 PM
yeah i think he is.... i'm cathlic but don't attend church only midnight mass on christmas eve. but yeah me and him have a diff religon.. i don't care though... I love him anywayz!
~Sweetpea~

WickidGirlShady
06-18-2002, 11:19 PM
I would and I have before. I'm not that religious, so someone else's beliefs aren't going to affect my feelings about that person.

Brittany
06-19-2002, 12:04 AM
yeah, there are most important things than religion in my life.

Creep
06-19-2002, 06:28 AM
no matter what regilion she belonged to, i wouldn't share her beliefs, but a christian or something wouldn't matter that much... if the girl was islamic it would be another story :p

Enigma
06-19-2002, 06:29 AM
yes because im not really religous so if he was a different religion to me it wouldnt make

i think religion is becoming less important as the years go on it used to be a magor thing but not these days

T1 Req
06-19-2002, 01:53 PM
As long as it wasn't a massive part of her life, sure...

Ayane
06-20-2002, 04:38 PM
i wouldn't care buh it also dependz on how religous they are an how much it affect'z their life :( ...~one~......

Shady Makaveli
06-20-2002, 05:19 PM
I really dunno. I mean i don't care if they're non-religious. But if they're a completely different religion it would get kinda odd sometimes...

SeXiEgUrLiE
06-23-2002, 12:59 PM
i dont think it would really matter but if his whole life was his religion it would be kinda weird. i have only dated guys that were Christian..many of them didnt attend church or anything but they had different Christian denominations which doesnt bother me. but if he wanted me to wear a fuckin bag over my head like the Muslis or whatever- i wouldnt date him. my current b/f is Catholic whereas im Pentecostal.

Amanda
06-23-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Mister Bob Gray
As long as it wasn't a massive part of her life, sure...

yeah, like if they were wanting me to go to their religion i'd be like...mm, no. but other than that, i don't much care.

Amanda
06-23-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Creep
... if the girl was islamic it would be another story :p

:mad: :rolleyes:

Sapphire
02-22-2005, 04:04 PM
When my husband and I got married, I wasn't really any particular religion...he's a southern baptist....it was very hard on him...he'd preach and preach about how we were unevenly yoked, and if we were to die tomorrow, our souls would no longer be together until I accepted the Lord Jesus in to my heart. I thought he was insane...then I got pregnant...that's when I first started really talking to God, and BELIEVING he was with me...I got baptized about a year after we were married...and it's made our marriage much stronger. Anyway, the reason I'm posting that in this particular topic, is that I believe dating a religion that is different from your own is okay...Even marrying someone of another faith can work...but it makes things a lot more difficult. Marriage is a bumpy road for anyone...having to deal with different beliefs make it harder...having children and trying to teach them will be even more difficult....however, respect, and open mindedness can do wonders.

Cain
02-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I have nothing against interfaith relationships. Some of them can actually be quite beautiful. It just depends on the people who are in the relationship. If I end up with someone who thinks I'm going to hell because by blood I'm Jewish then it ain't gonna work. If someone cares about me I will care about them no matter what their belief system.

sanely_insane
02-22-2005, 09:36 PM
i dont believe in religion so definatly

carsy
02-22-2005, 09:40 PM
date maybe, but if they were some fundamentalist or something, I don't think we'd get along too well, lol

Crazee
02-22-2005, 10:55 PM
This is something I have dealth with quite often actually. I started developing my faith while in my last major relationship and while she had spiritual beliefs she was hostile to the faith I was learning. Nevertheless , I still cared but I saw a lot of things about her after I converted that I didn't like. So I guess it can be an issue. To me though...if your faith is genuine and sincere and you are openminded, we can have a relationship. We may disagree on some faith matters, but if you listen to me with a open mind...I'll do the same. That's pretty much all I ask for, something with a open mind.

Me personally, I'm not of the strictest faith. But I believe in Jesus, so that makes me a christian. I'm not sure you could consider me any particular denomination, but I am born-again. But your beliefs, depending on what they are, might bother me. As long as you don't hate christians.lol

Sapphire
02-22-2005, 10:58 PM
well put Josh:)

Tia
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, I am very spiritual, but not in any way religious. My fiance is a christian, and he has spent years of his life as a preacher.

We talked about religion a lot the very first night we spoke to one another, and we both agree on most everything. I mean, I don't believe Jesus is my savior or anything, while he does. But we both believe that religion is a personal path, and that God is not a judgmental asshole, so why would anyone trying to follow God be that way? We believe that God is love, and that he doesn't discriminate. It's man who does that. Usually man who *calls* himself religious.

He never looks down on anyone just because he is a christian. In fact, he sees the good in all people. He is the way a christian is supposed to be. I admire him & his faith. He doesn't tell people they are going to hell if they don't believe exactly what he does. He doesn't see "evil" in people, ever. He doesn't tell people what they should be doing with their lives - we are all human beings, and only God should play God.

He makes me feel very comfortable, and we go to church together. I was raised Baptist, just got tired of the hypocritical and condescending people I went to church with. I love that Freedom is not that way. We go to the Grace Baptist Church across the street from our home.

Crazee
03-01-2005, 12:57 AM
lol He sounds like a good man. I could enjoy talking about faith to him.

I think it's key to not judge people either.Sometimes I do, and I shouldn't. But I generally think it's God's job to judge people. I judge actions. It's like...I don't believe in abortion. But I hate when christians persecute girls who choose that.It just isn't fair or right...and it's not what Jesus would do.

I do think eventually it will be a problem in your relationship though...just being honest. Because , if his faith is as strong as it appears to be, he will want to look after your soul. It IS biblical that those who do not repent their sins to the Lord... do not recieve salvation.That's the pinnacle of this faith. If he truly doesn't believe that... then I'm confused. And if he does but doesn't care about your salvation...I'm confused too.

I guess it could work if you reach some resolution. I trust you guys talk about this more in-depth that I know.So good luck, and bless you.

*AnNiE*
03-01-2005, 06:31 AM
If I believed in something it wouldn't matter.. It's not so big deal.. But since I am not religious I can't really say..