PDA

View Full Version : best age for marriage

I'M THE BOSS
01-03-2006, 04:35 PM
What do you think is the BEST AGE for marriage, and why?

do any of you think 24 is too young, cause i thought that was agood age, cause i dont want to be too old when im married... but then again, i dont want to be too young and naive...
lol

Jon Bon Jovi
01-03-2006, 05:58 PM
24 is quite a "good age" But i just think whenever you are ready and with the "right person" i don't put ages on anything cause it's all about maturity and situations..

steeltyp86
01-03-2006, 06:12 PM
depends on your goals in life, and what you want to achieve (age wise I mean). When you get married, that's your first priority: everything else comes after. Different people are ready, at different ages; and some people would never be ready for that kind of comitment. But getting married just to do it would be stupid, and a mistake. It has to be the right person, the right time in both your lives, and the right conection and trust....If it's right, you will know it. I got married when I was 19, but everybody is different as I said. I hadn't even been thinking about marriage before that, but I met the right person for me.

Aic713
01-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I got married when I was 20 years old. So I think as long as you're in love, the guy is stable, good jobs, and so on.. then over 18 is fine with

sanely_insane
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
never, if you love someone why do u need a big cermony and paper proving your love, besides look how many people are great until there married and boom divorce marriage is stupid (no offence to any of the married people on here)

Saoirse
01-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Personally, I think it should be 28 for women, 31 for men:)
I believe women are becoming more independent, and are getting higher education (PhD, masters etc..) & trying to have a beter position at work..Buy their own house & just be financially independent. To achieve this, it takes a few years of hard work but mostly by the time they are 28-30, they would've achieved what they wanted.

For men, it's sort of the same thing. Both men & women have dreams or goals that they want to achieve in life, & these goals are normally their priority. If they get married too soon, before achieving anything, it wouldn't be wise, because marriage changes everything, your priorites will change and you'll have to give many sacrifices, and it will be very difficult for them to acheieve their goals within a marriage...

Finally, i just want to say in general, as long as a person is over 21 years old, and is financially stable, happy with their education level, have a job that they are happy with, & are willing to share their lives with someone else and give all the sacrifices that it takes, then there is nothing wrong with marriage at an age younger than 28:)

Oly
01-04-2006, 02:14 AM
age does not matter, my parents were married at 20 and hell one of my 2nd cousins married some lady 9 years older than him, age makes no differene at all just when both are ready, with out any 2nd thoughts

Jon Bon Jovi
01-04-2006, 01:15 PM
My sister was 18!

MCD
01-04-2006, 01:16 PM
i dunno...24?

.superman
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
When ever your ready i guess. But you need to make shure you dont mess up your life by marring sombody you dont love. And ruin your life like some people i know.

unknown_
01-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I think putting a certain age would be stupid. Its gonna be differnet for everyone and where they are at in their life.

Jon Bon Jovi
01-05-2006, 09:12 AM
^WORD to your farther

*A*
01-05-2006, 05:19 PM
never, if you love someone why do u need a big cermony and paper proving your love, besides look how many people are great until there married and boom divorce marriage is stupid (no offence to any of the married people on here)

True but marriage has a lot of legal benefits.

I know a girl who got pregnant when she was 16 and at 17 she had her baby and got married to the guy who knocked her up. Do you know how weird it is to be married and still be in high school?

I think even 24 is still too young. I always said I wouldn't get married until I'm 30. The longer you wait to get married, the longer it lasts, for most people at least.

unknown_
01-05-2006, 08:42 PM
^WORD to your farther

so ya feel me?

Jon Bon Jovi
01-06-2006, 08:40 AM
I feel you baby

Dia
01-06-2006, 09:00 AM
shit I dont know 22