PDA

View Full Version : physical pain

I'M THE BOSS
12-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Describe the worst physical pain.

Salut
12-25-2005, 03:59 PM
it's when the spiritual / emotionnal pain is too much and turns physical,...

ya know, the kind that makes people want to die or disapear...

Bernard
12-25-2005, 04:10 PM
That I've experienced? Probably sitting there watching the nurse take a Brilo pad to scrub the dirt out of my open wound.

That's nothing compared to emotional pain though. I'll take physical pain over true sadness and depression any day. The only time physical pain has meaning to me is when I know that I will never function the same way again (ie seeing a limb fall off). Then it becomes emotional.

Also, yes I did wince as the nurse scrubbed away, I'm not superman but I think I have a decent tolerance level.

Although afterwards the fact that I sat through that scared me a little. That was muscles that I watched get scrubbed away, it wasn't just skin. All flesh has some function within the body, there is no "generic flesh" and that was more than skin. For me that was a little scary because I then imagined that if I can watch that happen, then what else could I sit through? Could I sit though having my arm sawed off? Those are scary thoughts, but only because of the emotional aspect.

sanely_insane
12-25-2005, 05:25 PM
it's when the spiritual / emotionnal pain is too much and turns physical,...

ya know, the kind that makes people want to die or disapear...
exactly

Nash
12-25-2005, 09:42 PM
i had bother my ankles broken at the same time, that pain was rediculas but trying to learn to walk again was even worse pain

also, if anyoen says getting the underneath of their arm tattooed i will wanna e-slap them lol

unknown_
12-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Yea my wrist was sliced open once and when they cleaned it out that hurt pretty bad. Also hurt bad when i stepped on a nail when i was very young.

Charmbracelet
12-25-2005, 10:17 PM
when i broke my arm the age of 5

sanely_insane
12-25-2005, 10:55 PM
^boo hoo there are children be tortured everyday
i think it cudant have been that bad seeing as i broke my ancle and that was barly nothing

Charmbracelet
12-25-2005, 11:01 PM
^ well it's the worst that has happend to me

sanely_insane
12-25-2005, 11:04 PM
well then u live in a shelterd home and r going to have a very rude awakening when you move out from mommy and daddys protection and into the real world

MAF
12-25-2005, 11:31 PM
the emotional or psychological pain iz the worst form of pain ever,think about it ,e.g:when someone iz stabed or broke a bone or even step into a nail or hot floor(i.e:physical pain)in this case the pain iz a protective mechanism sendin impulses 2 ur brain tillin u that some part of ur body iz bein damaged so this way ur body reflex fast pullin ur self away from da damage source in fraction of sec. with out u even think about it(e.g:holdin a hot object an dropin it fast),all of that goes 4 minor traumas.
in case of major traumas like brokin arm for example,in the 1st few mins. u wont feel any thin caz ur body will release huge amounts of ADRENALINE which will rise ur pain threshold after that u gonna feel killin pain caz now pain mediators like BRADYKINNIN iz bein released from ur body 2,an da pain iz gonna feel worst if u took a look at da wound(i.e:visual brain stimulation+pain mediators),this mediator participate in da healin process(i.e:itz an inflammatory mediator).an wit out inflammation there iz no healin.
wat am sayin iz wat ever was da damage itz gonna heal an da pain iz gonna disappear unless the trauma was good enough 2 kill ya.
now da emotional pain,there iz no physical damage so itz not a protective mechanism mainly,there iz no healin after which da pain gonna stop,e.g:u kill some body an da face of da victim will chase ur dreamz in ur whole life,some one close 2 u iz gone u wont forget him in ya whole life....etc.
also da nature of pain in here iz described as a heart ache,breathin deficulty,nausea,restlessness....etc.
this type of pain will chase u most of ur life if not ur whole life.

DeA†h
12-26-2005, 05:47 AM
I once got my lips slapped off my face by my neighbour..............BITCH!!!....lol