PDA

View Full Version : College/Uni?

Spike
10-01-2002, 12:31 AM
So who's in college/Uni and what are you studying?
How long is your course?
Do you like it?

*waits for practically everyone to ignore the thread or to make jokes about studying pussy etc* :p

SparklingAmber
10-01-2002, 03:00 AM
I'm studying a HND in performing arts at college:)

Spike
10-01-2002, 07:40 AM
I'm studying for my national diploma in Information Technology.

I got two years of bloody hard work :(

SeXiEgUrLiE
10-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Im studying web design/development. its like 3 years long but it might take me a lil longer cuz of working and having my daughter.

Spike
10-01-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SeXiEgUrLiE
Im studying web design/development. its like 3 years long but it might take me a lil longer cuz of working and having my daughter. cool same thing I was thinking of going on to do but apparently the demand for website design has begun to drop dramatically so I'm kinda thinking I may go into programming

Base
10-01-2002, 12:41 PM
I'm at college doing an AVCE in ICT. It's a 2 year course and is the equivilent to 2 A Levels at the end, and can get me to Uni. It covers all sorts of aspects of ICT eg Programming, Computing, Web Design, Spreadsheets etc

SeXiEgUrLiE
10-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Spike
cool same thing I was thinking of going on to do but apparently the demand for website design has begun to drop dramatically so I'm kinda thinking I may go into programming
yeah its a lot of fun though isnt it? im going to take some programming classes too so i can have a better resume.

kays
10-01-2002, 01:47 PM
well i'm not at college but i got it all planned, i'm in my last yr of school, then after that i wanna do A levels in psychology, criminology, law and i'll do performing arts if i get a good grade in my drama GCSE....if not, sociology or something

then depending on how i do in those subjects i wanna go to uni as far away from home as possible heh...but before all of that i've gotta get into college anyway...so......

Shady Makaveli
10-01-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm at a 2 yr. community college (this is my 3rd year lol) I'm getting an AA in Illustration and then I'll go to some other university and a bachlors in computers or something I'm not really sure...

FireN'Ice
10-01-2002, 01:57 PM
I go to UW-Oshkosh and I'm studying Film, It'll take bout 4 years

Bren
10-01-2002, 03:39 PM
sound engineering in college right now

when i have that done might do a post-graduate course in something related like music technology.

the future is bright :)

michelle
10-01-2002, 06:39 PM
I'm studying elementary education with an endorsement in literacy (the literacy part is already complete)- I lack one semester and the University of Oklahoma.
I think I've decided not to teach though, so rock on.
I think I'm going to finish my degree in psychology (I only lack 3 classes) also. Maybe I'll do some sort of school counseling, I dunno.

Crazee
10-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Eh, you asked for it....

I'm studying pussy... :D

kaitee
10-02-2002, 11:50 AM
im studying English Literature, Philosophy + IT for A levels.as well as General Studies + Key Skill-Maths, den im gonna study for degree in Music Technology in da US.safe.

laterz
xxx

RoxyChik101
10-04-2002, 12:09 AM
finally college i love college sike anywayz im studing to become a pyschiatrist yeah i want to help people get through their problems. its gonna take me a while like 5 or 6 yrs i want to get my masters though. i never thought i would become a doctor weird.

Enigma
10-04-2002, 04:55 PM
im at uni studying for a degree in information technology just finished my first year but wont get my results till Dec

but ive just this week started a set of small courses for a web certificate

High Priestess
10-05-2002, 05:15 AM
I study cultural anthropology, in particular the subcultures you find in big cities - clubbers, skaters, hippys, skin heads, goths, surfers, stoners, etc. Also people on the fringe - the homeless, hard drug users, hookers. Are there any other anthropologists out there who want to talk about rap culture and how much they hate Freud?

Spike
10-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by High Priestess
I study cultural anthropology, in particular the subcultures you find in big cities - clubbers, skaters, hippys, skin heads, goths, surfers, stoners, etc. Also people on the fringe - the homeless, hard drug users, hookers. Are there any other anthropologists out there who want to talk about rap culture and how much they hate Freud? My friend is studying for a degree in anthropology. By the way congrats on passing your degree is stupidoligy ;)

High Priestess
10-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Hey Spike, go fuck yourself, by the look of your picture no one else would.

brunk
10-05-2002, 07:04 PM
damn that was harsh....i think Spike is hot

Spike
10-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey Spike, go fuck yourself, by the look of your picture no one else would. lol tell that to my girlfriend, afterall she is someone else :)
I was out of line I'll admit but I don't lower myself to childish insults very often anymore so I'll just leave you be now :)

High Priestess
10-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Spike
lol tell that to my girlfriend, afterall she is someone else :)
I was out of line I'll admit but I don't lower myself to childish insults very often anymore so I'll just leave you be now :)

Don't be posh Spike, childish taunts are fun.

You pissed me off with your "stupidology" remark. I'm sorry if my response to your question set off your wanker alarm, I was only trying to describe the kinds of things I study.

Spike
10-06-2002, 10:21 AM

Don't be posh Spike, childish taunts are fun.

You pissed me off with your "stupidology" remark. I'm sorry if my response to your question set off your wanker alarm, I was only trying to describe the kinds of things I study. heh, posh, funny, anways....

ToO_FiNe
10-09-2002, 09:30 AM
Im takin a 2 year Law and Security Course in college.
Dont break the law boyz, or Ill be there wit my fuzzy hand cuffs!! LOL

Dont hate me cuz Im beautiful...hate me cuz your man thinks so!!

**SwEeT_ThAnG**

BlueFlames
10-10-2002, 06:53 PM
This winter I'm going to start studying for a degree in Business Administration. It's going to take 2 years for my associates degree. I would like to continue to do what I do now but on a corporate level. Which means 4 times the money ,401k plan and benefits. *meek drools* I applied a year ago but they wont hire you without some type of degree. :( I do the very same job! so that upset me a bit.

At the same time. Formal training would help me manage my own business alittle better at the moment I'm pretty clueless.

On top of all that I want to take a few more classes to become. Get this. a certified wedding planner... I enjoy the business enough I'd make it a side job thing.

~*MEEK*~

kniT
10-10-2002, 08:07 PM
corporate jobs are not all they are cracked up to be. i went that road after college (I have a bachelor of arts in women studies from san francisco state university) thinking that there would be security in corporate jobs, i have 8 years experience in admin/marketing--and they are fine when the economy is booming-- great benefits, travel, promotions. BUT--when the going got tough, i got laid off. twice in one year, actually. :( it fucking sucked, i had to move to a smaller town (temporarily, god willing) where i could afford to live, and where the economy is at least more stable. i now work for a non-profit children's museum as a business manager, and it is cool work, i just dont get paid jack shit. i guess my point to meek is this, the stability you are looking for in corporate jobs may not be there when you need it, i think that entreprenurial (sp?) side projects, such as wedding planning, is an excellent idea. :D

shortie
10-28-2002, 02:23 PM
I just found out the best news today. I have to declare my major for my GI Bill so I've been doing a lot of thinking about it lately. And I really wanted to major in interior design, but its only an Associates. So, I decided that I'll do that and get my BA in computer science.

I went today to declare the computer science part and then I went to talk to the necessary people about interior design and to see if I needed to do anything about it. After the chick told me what I should do, etc she mentions that the department is going to make it a BS. I asked her when and she said probably about a year. So, I was like well I'll just laylow until that happens then. I'm so excited, now I get what I wanted all along, a dual major in interior design and computer science. :D

So next semester will not be pretty, I've already registered for 15 credit hours and I think I might add another class so I"ll be taking like 18-20. We'll see about though.

Tia
10-28-2002, 05:29 PM
I was going to apply to this school called Bates as my early decision but then I read an article from Time magazine about Women's Colleges and how statistics show the graduates are so much more likely to rise to positions of power than ones who go to co-ed schools.It also said they did better academically and had higher self esteem when they graduated.

So I am applying to Women's Private 4 year Liberal Arts Colleges and studying for my ACT and SAT that I take in December.

I want to get a BA in English by Majoring in Professional Writing with an emphasis on Creative Writing and Minor in Women's Studies.I will probably also take some philosophy and Art courses just for fun.

My dream is to be a successful novelist and give money to my favorite women's organizations like RAINN and also to charities for kids and medical research.I would love to be rich someday so I could give money away to all the causes I believe in,that would be so dope.And doing something I love for a living.

Tia
10-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Angie if you have a double major then which one are you going to pursue as a career? Or you don't know yet?

Tia
10-28-2002, 06:03 PM
thanks Tink

shortie
10-29-2002, 12:15 AM
I'll use both at the beginnging, probably separate but hopefully together. The goal is to have my own firm or one that I'm a really big part of. And if interior design is overall sucking at the time I graduate I'll have my other degree to fall back on.

This is my first time picking a major that I'm really excited about and I feel totally comfortable with. I'm only a sophomore now, even though I've been in school for 2 years. I lost credits when transfering, which is not a big deal. Especially since I've changed like 4 times, those credits probably wouldnt have went to my current ones. They make college so dumb sometimes.