PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive Compulsive

Alistair
03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Does anyone have any quirky/interesting obsessive compulsive habits?

Alistair
03-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I used to shut my drawers, wardrobe, cupboards etc... in my room before I could go to sleep.

Also, when watching TV or listening to my stereo, the number that indicates the volume level needs to be even lol. Don't ask me why. I guess it's like all of these little quirks. Nobody can explain.

shortie
03-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm most definitely OC. So let me see here....

I constantly look at my phone. Even if I'm not trying to talk to anyone, I open the damn thing all the time.

When the alarm goes off in the morning and I have to wake up to an alarm the next morning, I set it right away.

Actually those are the only 2 I'm going to put because I'm eating popcorn right now and don't want to use my hands for a long post lol.

Alistair
03-09-2005, 12:59 AM
I can relate to the mobile phone one! I'm always referring to my address book, planner, messages as if I can't walk along the street without pressing buttons.

Crazee
03-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I always turn my tv back to channel 2 when I turn it off

Kari
03-09-2005, 02:05 AM
omg I'd definately Obsessive complusive...it's horrible, I have too many things that HAVE to be that way to even start naming off...like me being a freak about even numbers, if my total at a store isnt' an even number I'll buy something to make it even or whatever, it's horrible it really is.

sweetie_McIntos
03-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Im very Obsessive complusive about most thing ie... Doors and windows have to be the right way (in every room in differnt)... My teeth i used to brush my teeth about 8-10 times a day... Im getting better at that we are down to 3. The way i work in the kitchen. thats all i can think of for now but i know theres more.

~*me*~
03-09-2005, 02:33 AM
I used to shut my drawers, wardrobe, cupboards etc... in my room before I could go to sleep.

Also, when watching TV or listening to my stereo, the number that indicates the volume level needs to be even lol. Don't ask me why. I guess it's like all of these little quirks. Nobody can explain.

I do both of those. If I'm watching TV at someone elses home, I never say anything, but it really, really annoys me if it's not even. :o

If I see books in a row, and one that's larger than the rest is in the middle, I have to move it to the beginning of the row, they have to go from biggest to smallest.

If I have coins sitting somewhere, I stack them so the larger ones are on the bottom (quarter, nickel, penny, dime)

I always clear my winamp playlist before I shut down my computer. I have no idea why.

When I'm going to sleep, I lie down on my back, put the blanket over me, lift my legs into the air, and make the end of the blanket go under my legs...then I roll halfway over to the right so the left side of the blanket tucks under me, and then to the left so the right does. So I'm like a burrito. Then I fall asleep.

:o I can't really think of anything else but there are more.

Alistair
03-09-2005, 02:36 AM
So I'm like a burrito.

LMAO, that cracked me up :D

~*me*~
03-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Oh, and the thing about volume isn't the only issue I have with even numbers. I really hate it when things aren't even. Prices (.99 pisses me off) and other things too. Oh and symmetry is also a big thing to me. For example, if someone wanted to put a candle up on any surface, but they only had one it would bother me if it wasn't centered. If there were two, I would put one on either side. :o

-NinjaMic-
03-09-2005, 02:49 AM
When the alarm goes off in the morning and I have to wake up to an alarm the next morning, I set it right away.

I've always done that since I was a little kid. I thought it was just a smart thing to do, instead of forgetting to set it before you go to sleep.

Alistair
03-09-2005, 03:01 AM
For example, if someone wanted to put a candle up on any surface, but they only had one it would bother me if it wasn't centered. If there were two, I would put one on either side. :o

I'm going to come to your house and "un-symatirise" everything :p

Kari
03-09-2005, 03:18 AM
lol I'm same with the coins, cept mine can't be in the same jar, I have seperate jars, the pennies have to be in one jar, dimes in another, nickles in another, quarters in another....I can't stand having them all in the same jar, it drives me nuts....lol
and with cleaning I have to clean a certain way, I always start in the bathroom, clean the bathroom, the brushes go on one shelf, all hair products on another shelf, cleaning supplies on the top shelf, ect, there can't be anything on the bathtub **mom has a tendency after she washes her hair she'll leave the shampoo and conditioner bottles on the side of the tub** I can't stand that, they have to go on their place on the shelf...then I work my way out, but I have to sweep and mop each room as I'm cleaning it, I can't wait til all of the rooms are cleaned, bathroom, my bedroom, the laundry room, woodstove room, the living room, the kitchen and the backroom....that's how I clean...and no one can walk on my floors after I'm done mopping them, that's a huge no no, or I run the mop over their footprints cause I don't feel that part of the floor is gonna be as clean as the rest....lol I know Imma freak.

Cain
03-09-2005, 09:17 AM
When I don't even have guitar on my mind I just start randomly going into playing airguitar...I always did this...even when I didn't play guitar. Same thing with piano only that's harder to do.

Aic713
03-09-2005, 10:22 AM
I wish I did.. that way my room would always be clean lmao!! My husband on the other hand has OCD, he has to make sure things are in the right spot & shit. The room always has to be clean, He washes the clothes & dishes even rotflmao!! I swear I got me the best woman in the world haha ;) just kidding.

Kari
03-09-2005, 05:01 PM
mine's not too bad though, I mean I don't mind a bit of a mess I just can't fucking stand CLUTTER

M e l i ss a
03-09-2005, 05:05 PM
*I can't sleep until I know EVERYONE (And everything; Pets and stuff) is sleeping. If they arn't asleep, I wont go to bed.

*I HAVE TO fall asleep with my TV on.

I dunno... lol I have alot. I just can't think right now. :p

shortie
03-10-2005, 01:59 AM
I've always done that since I was a little kid. I thought it was just a smart thing to do, instead of forgetting to set it before you go to sleep.

I guess we're normal and the other people I know are the obsessive ones. I don't know anyone else who does that, anyone who has seen me do it asked if I was setting snooze or something.

avril
03-10-2005, 02:23 AM
For me everything has to be put back where it lives. If u use it & put it some where else I feel like everything is wrong untill it's put back in the right spot. my towles have to be folded properly the way I hang out my washing the way I wash my dishes, I'm a lot like kari where there is a certain order that things are done in and I won't let other people do these things because I will just get pissed off because there doing it the wrong way. My hubby loves it because I won't let him do anything cause he'll just fuk it up.