PDA

View Full Version : Things about you that disgust you

Crazee
03-07-2005, 03:19 AM
This is just a thread to call out yourself for really fucked up stuff that you do. There's a lot of things I do I'm not proud of, and it makes me sick to my stomache...literally. So here goes:

-I lie to cover my ass. I sometimes just don't want people to be mad at me, so I'll make up things to put it off. I know the truth will come out, but I just can't stop. Well, I'm starting to...I hope. I think it's like quitting smoking.Sometimes you have to quit a million times before it actually works. I've also lied to distract attention away from my negative traits... make up some story that never happened to gain sympathy, or just seek pity instead of anger.It disgusts me frankly how much of a weak pussy I can be.

-I get WAY too emotionally connected, WAY too soon. And sadly enough...I can get dissconnected just that quickly. My relationship experience isn't that strong... I've dated as many people in the last year as before it. And honestly... I'm the guy who likes to commit. I actually hate all the confusing mindfucks that take place during dating. I like to be a couple. But how can you know you love someone until you know them? Sometimes, someone loving ME was enough for me to base feelings on. Honestly, I think there's only one girl that it wasn't. It's not to say that I didn't love those girls...I meant it with all my heart at the moment, I wasn't lying. But as I learned more about them and how we get along together... things weren't anywhere near as compatable as I thought and I tended to get dissconnected quickly. So...I just need to stop being afraid of someone leaving, and put my foot down and take my time. Then people don't get hurt as badly.

-I am extremely impatient, almost comedically. I like to have results NOW, and when things don't work out I can tend to put them on the backburner for awhile.What's funny is...I'll play a game. There will be a two second delay between stages.That two second delay will annoy me and frustrate me to no end. I hate waiting, and I hate not doing anything. I'm an active kid.

-I am a procrastinator. A HUGE procrastinator. I just think it's better to do something at a different time, so I leave it until tomorrow.Then the next day...then the next. It's weird that I'm impatient AND a procrastinor. I'm confusing,what can I say?

-I'm a little bit of a slob sometimes...and I can get stuck in a routine too easily

Um...I have so many more.

~*me*~
03-07-2005, 04:59 AM
I put off doing things I need to do alot, thinking "I can do it tomorrow." and then when tomorrow comes, I do it again.

I chew my fingernails, and no matter what I do to try not to, I keep doing it.
I guess I'm lucky I don't have worse habits than that one though.

I can't really think of anything else I do that disgusts me...but if I do, I'll be back.

avril
03-07-2005, 06:43 AM
I squeeze pimples. My husband hates it but I call it therapy haha
I pick at the dead skin on the bottom of my feet, if I don't have a pedicure regulerly then I can make my soles bleed eeewwww
I am too truthfull and honest it can hurt my friends sometimes and I really hate that.
I am anul about keeping my house clean, better now but it is still embaressing
I demand alot instead of asking and that can put a strain on relationships I have but most people know me so they realise that I'm not really being bossy I just forget to use my manners sometimes.
well thats about it so there u go.

Sapphire
03-07-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm gonna post in here when I get off from work...lmao...I've got a million of them:D

Jon Bon Jovi
03-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Here are afew..I wouldnt say they disgust me as such but they are things i wish i wouldnt do:

Fall for someone so quick: I meet someone, they are nice, i fall for them. Its sad. If they share the same interests and can hold a convo, nice looking, etc i often get carried away, get into a relationship and end up hurt. Ive done it over and over again but i still dont fucking learn *rolls eyes*

Think so deep: My thoughts are really deep. I wish i could just let things be without asking "why did that happen?" "Wots the meaning?" And junk like that...Id rather be a shallow dick sometimes

I dwell on the past: Ok youve seen me do it..I cant help but live in the past. I dwell on sad meomries instead of looking to the future..I mean i do but not as much as i should. I wish i could just leave it all behind :(

I sometimes forget that happiness comes from within ME i dont need no man, no nobody to make me happy. Sure i need poeple around me but happiness should come within yourself. If you dont love yourself (there is a limit) Then whos gonna? People will walk over you

Im too open: It is one of my strong points too but soemtimes im TOO open..Like ill just say wot i feel and think and wot has happend in my life and will tell people that really probably shoiuldnt know and some use it to their advantage

I am pretty impatient

Im a sucker: I let some people keep me under the thumb..Despite wot i may come across as. I shoiuld stop doing that and say bye bye for good to some people. But they say sorry or wotever and im more than likely there

I suck my thumb: Not all the time but when im bored, hungry, tired or relaxed i like to suck my thumb and im getting too damn old! lol..Its weird tho my sister and cousion do it and they are 17 and 23. It must run in the family or sumit o_0

I comfort eat

I sometimes put on an act: Everyone does it. You know "im alright, i dont give a fuck" "i hate him" blah blah just to hide the hurt and pride. Only My true friends and family can see past that

Ill probably add more later..

Jon Bon Jovi
03-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Oh i write on my hands alot..Like if im at school and the teacher say to remember something ill write on my hand even if their is paper infront of me haha..Or if i get an idea for a song or a poem. Its just become a habbit lol

Slackerbitch
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
me:

-I lie to cover my ass. I sometimes just don't want people to be mad at me, so I'll make up things to put it off. I know the truth will come out, but I just can't stop. Well, I'm starting to...I hope. I think it's like quitting smoking.Sometimes you have to quit a million times before it actually works. I've also lied to distract attention away from my negative traits... make up some story that never happened to gain sympathy, or just seek pity instead of anger.It disgusts me frankly how much of a weak pussy I can be.

-I am extremely impatient, almost comedically. I like to have results NOW, and when things don't work out I can tend to put them on the backburner for awhile.What's funny is...I'll play a game. There will be a two second delay between stages.That two second delay will annoy me and frustrate me to no end. I hate waiting, and I hate not doing anything. I'm an active kid.

-I am a procrastinator. A HUGE procrastinator. I just think it's better to do something at a different time, so I leave it until tomorrow.Then the next day...then the next. It's weird that I'm impatient AND a procrastinor. I'm confusing,what can I say?

-I'm a little bit of a slob sometimes...and I can get stuck in a routine too easily

sorry I'm 2 lazy to write them out in my own words lol

Cain
03-07-2005, 09:44 AM
I have random events that seems like seizures but aren't.
I comfort eat
I drink like a fish (not quitting because it isn't having that big of an effect on me)
I smoke like a chimney (I'm quitting though)

Slackerbitch
03-07-2005, 10:00 AM
good luck on quittin smokin Jon.

Cain
03-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I haven't smoked in about three and a half weeks. Longer than my dad's been able to get a break from the habit.

aKtIvItY!
03-07-2005, 11:07 AM
i spend all my money on weed and cigs... but i dont complain as long as im high and ful of nicotine :)

Slackerbitch
03-07-2005, 03:46 PM
^lmao.......

Tia
03-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I am an extreme perfectionist, and hard on myself. I've overcome that a great deal though. It's not as much of a problem anymore as it has been.

I care too much what other people think about me. Not to the point where I do things to impress people, but more like I don't do things. I don't open up and talk to people that much, afraid they will judge me. And when anyone says anything negative about me I think about it forever and feel sad.

Um, that's about all. Being the perfectionist that I am, I'm always improving anything I don't like about myself, so I mostly love me lol. Not a lot left to improve. Just have to learn not to care so much about other people's opinion of me, and I think I will be truly happy with myself when outside influences no longer matter.

JUNGLEBITCH
03-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Lol i could go on forever bout bitching bout myself coz there are so many things i need to change, but heck thats me....i can be naive at times and very gullable, and trust to easily, dunno if thats a good or bad point but i believe people who sometimes lie and wen i find out hurts more i suppose. I tend to have a bad fiery temper lol yeah and smash things,its a bad thing coz i proper smash things about lol, dunno where my strength comes from but i smash and smash lol, i burn up quickly and then will cool down just as fast lol.
I can be too soft with people sometimes and they land up walking all over me, and then other people tell me to toughen up to them, and people just take advantage and im blinded to it and fall for it every time.
i got two major weeknesses lol, shopping errr i cant stop lol, clothes, clothes, clothes, i cant keep doing this but i love it lol, and chocolate just as bad lol.
I can think too much into things at times, over analize things, analetical mind i suppose, can be sensitive, or real bitchy and land up saying things in my anger that i really dont mean.
Another thing i suppose is been too childish, and i totally agree coz everyone says it and that i lack responsibility, thats crap coz im responsible lol, im independant atleast but i suppose i can be in my own dream world, where like everyone says everything is fun and games to me, and maybe where the lack responsibility part comes in, im too playful at times and sumtimes that gets me into trouble coz i like been mischief and things like that amuse me lol, but to others..i need to grow up ..blah!! :eek:

Im sure ill post sum more on this topic lol

Crazee
03-07-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm best at deep thinking late at night so I'll be all up in this moherfucker tonight.

But right now... I can really relate to Jade's reply.

BellaItalian
03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
I a an perfectionist also. If its not done right I have to do it all over. I am too nice to people, and I let the walk all over me, but I'm getting better at over coming it... if you don't like what I have to say oh well.

Crazee
03-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I care too much what other people think about me. Not to the point where I do things to impress people, but more like I don't do things. I don't open up and talk to people that much, afraid they will judge me. And when anyone says anything negative about me I think about it forever and feel sad.

I relate to that. It's not that I do something... but what's what I DON'T do that hurts me most often. And I tend to dwell on people's negative feelings of me. Eventually I will realize that ok.. not everyone will like everyone.

JUNGLEBITCH
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
lol i got another problem lol errr obsessive cleaning lol and yeah it is a bad thing coz i over do it at times and people say that lol, but oh well, but im not a perfectionist at all, i know it sounds wierd in this catogary but im not lol, just im concious bout things like that, and dishes and germs and shit, that bugs me proper lol, err sum1 said it can be like compulsive disorder or sumthing? is it??

Tia
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I am too nice to people, and I let the walk all over me, but I'm getting better at overcoming it.

Yeah, I used to have that problem too. I would always forgive people no matter what they did, and try to keep being friends with people who took advantage of me. I thought, to have friends you have to be a friend. So I tried to be a good friend to anyone I was accquainted with, no matter what they did.

I finally realized it's not worth it though. People who took advantage or hurt you before will continue to do so. You can't make people happy, and you can't make them respect you.

Funny thing, a friend of mine that always stood me up when we had plans to hang out respects me now that I am not his friend anymore. I think it's the first time he ever respected me, when he realized I wouldn't be taking his shit anymore.

BellaItalian
03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
OMG obsessive cleaning.... I used to be an obsessive organizer lol hehe but now I'm not... I'm too busy lol!! :)

BellaItalian
03-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I used to have that problem too. I would always forgive people no matter what they did, and try to keep being friends with people who took advantage of me. I thought, to have friends you have to be a friend. So I tried to be a good friend to anyone I was accquainted with, no matter what they did.

I finally realized it's not worth it though. People who took advantage or hurt you before will continue to do so. You can't make people happy, and you can't make them respect you.

Funny thing, a friend of mine that always stood me up when we had plans to hang out respects me now that I am not his friend anymore. I think it's the first time he ever respected me, when he realized I wouldn't be taking his shit anymore.

I totally used to be the same way, then I realized it and was like fuck ya'll for using me.... a lot of people still TRY to use me because I can get good concert tickets and shit and I'm like UHHH noo lol

Tia
03-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey, I would "use" you for that too lmao. C'mon, be generous!

BellaItalian
03-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Hehehe lol you I could make an exception for cause you rock.. but yeah I had second row tickets to Ashlee Simpson last night, right now my ears are ringing lol but it was funnn..... dance in the asiles

unknown_
03-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm too nice to people.

BellaItalian
03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah, me too I'm more cusious now though

-NinjaMic-
03-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Some of the things I dislike about myself are like double-edged swords.

I'm extremely arguementative and need to learn to pick my battles. I think being able to illustrate your points and talk what you walk is a virtue, but every little thing isn't worth arguing for. It's something I beleive has made me lose some very important people in my life over the years, and in retrospect has been self-centered foolishness. Ignorance is not bliss... don't ever be oblivious of yourself and how you affect people around you.

My ability to degrade somebody... I like having it when I need it and it goes hand in hand with a really vulgar and brutal sense of humor, but I've said alot of things to people that I regret and should probably burn in hell for lol

Crazee
03-08-2005, 01:29 AM
I think our biggest strengths are often our biggest weaknesses

"ignorance is bliss/ Ignorance is just so fuckin ignorant, you might even be ignorant of this/"

avril
03-08-2005, 07:51 AM
err sum1 said it can be like compulsive disorder or sumthing? is it??

it depends on how anal abouty it u are my brother thought I had a disorder but I didn't I just needed to be re-trained. when I met my husband he helpped to re-train me so to speak. so now I will happilly leave the dishes over night instead of having to them right there and then. :)

Crazee
03-09-2005, 01:06 AM
I hate how I can ramble philosophically and theologically for hours, but I struggle with the simplest tasks like memory. I forget to do things that should be so obvious, like locking a door behind me or bringing the cd that I just got out to take with me.lol

I also have REALLY bad nerves. I can't even light a match, my hands start shaking and I'm worried that I'll twist it the wrong way and burn myself.

Alistair
03-09-2005, 01:27 AM
1) I have a tendency to do things to excess whether it's partying, gambling, eating etc... lol
2) I go to bed WAY too late (average around 2am) considering I have to be up for uni most days.
3) When it comes to girls, I think I have the theory down-pat but always choke when it comes to making a move and as a result haven't had a girl for only god knows how long lol.
4) I care too much for a lot of people who simply don't deserve it.

Crazee
03-09-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm surprised I relate to alistair's reply as much as I do.

Cain
03-09-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm a compulsive slob. My room is a testament to that. Josh and Tia can tell you that just out of experience since I had them both come up for a Linguistics project I had to do (record a conversation as naturally as it comes and then talk about the dialectal differences in the way I talk with my friends).

Sapphire
03-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok...now that I have a few minutes, I guess I will at least get started on this list. The thing that I hate most about myself is that I get so pissed off at myself when I make a mistake...I tend to "tattle" on myself, which can get annoying for others. I am also incredibly soft hearted...when someone makes a general comment, I tend to take it personally. My temper also disgusts me...I go into blind rages...throw shit, and flip out from time to time...then I feel guilty about it because it's usually over a stupid reason that was just the thing to tip the pot....I bottle too much up then explode. I let too many people walk all over me because I don't like to hurt anyone....people see how easy I am to take advantage of, and do it all the friggin time. I hate that I try so hard to help everyone, and I get hurt so easily by other people's problems....if someone I know is going through a tough time, it constantly weighs on both my heart and my mind. I also hate the way I over analyze things....I look at things with so much depth, that sometimes I fail to see the obvious. Ok, I think that's all I'll post for now...I'm sure I could go on for hours though:D

Tia
03-09-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm a compulsive slob. My room is a testament to that. Josh and Tia can tell you that just out of experience since I had them both come up for a Linguistics project I had to do (record a conversation as naturally as it comes and then talk about the dialectal differences in the way I talk with my friends).

Jon, from the looks of not only your bedroom but your entire condo, I'm willing to bet you are not the only compulsive slob in your family, haha.

My mom and little brother are worse though. Way worse. I am so happy to not have to live with them anymore. I don't mind visiting. But the thought of my own house being a mess depresses me. It physically affects me to live in a messy house, I find it so stressful I can't take it.

And you can't clean up after slobs. It will just be messed up a few minutes later. And then depression sets further in.

Cain
03-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm just the type of person who finds order in chaos. Women don't have to clean up after because frankly if my place was clean I wouldn't know where everything was....or notice any bugs planted by the government.

Crazee
03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm just the type of person who finds order in chaos. Women don't have to clean up after because frankly if my place was clean I wouldn't know where everything was....or notice any bugs planted by the government.

lmao. I relate. There IS a method to my madness. Sometimes things can be too cluttered for me, bur a clean house annoys me to no end because there is so much pressure to keep it that way. lol, I like my glass half full. I'd rather have a messy house to improve on...then a clean house that I'm afraid I'll fuck up.

The perfect thing would be a house that is... clean, but not obsessively.

Btw... I hate that I lack self-control when it comes to reading. I'll start reading a dope book...and next thing I know it's time to go to work.lol

Cain
03-10-2005, 12:12 AM
welcome to my world only change work to production or class.

BellaItalian
03-10-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm a neat freak, but due to school, homework, and all that lovely stuff.. my room in a disaster area... I just don't have time to clean it... everytime I try too I am SO tired from school etc that I just sleep..

Sapphire
03-10-2005, 08:11 AM
What's bad is when you're married to someone who is also the same way...lmao...my hubby and I are exactly like that....when we have people over, we have to take at least an hour to "pretend"....lol.

Tia
03-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Me and Freedom actually fight about who is going to clean, because we both want to do it, haha. But we find ways to compromise. He cleans more than I do now that I'm pregnant, but I help him out a lot on the weekends when he works more hours. We are both neat freaks.