PDA

View Full Version : USA here I come!

Alistair
03-02-2005, 09:21 AM
The plan is to come to the US in November. I'm just giving you enough notice to organise the arrival party ;)

I spoke to the travel agency at my university and am very keen to participate in the CC-USA program. Basically, I travel over to an American ski resort and they set me up with a job and accommodation for 3 months from November-February. I'll work in a ski shop, restaurant, chairlift, whatever. Whenever you're not working you have as much time to just ski ski ski! The resorts provide you with a season lift ticket (worth thousands of dollars) and I just can't wait!

I was going to wait another year so I would be 21 (overage) when I came, but today found out that I would be ineligible for the program then as I will have (hopefully) graduated from uni.

Anyway, I'm probably going to apply in the coming weeks/months :D

Bren
03-02-2005, 09:25 AM
if its a ski resort near san fransisco i have been there
its called the sugar bowl and there are plenty of aussies working there
lots of them were there on temp. h2b visas but the us embassy wont be doing them this year so i have no doubt that you will be travelling on a j1 student visa.
have fun!

Bren
03-02-2005, 09:27 AM
if its not the ski reosrts i met some aussies and south africans that ended up in 2 diff resorts in the usa, you are VERY likely to be going to one of the three, if not sugarbow in cali it could be one in vermont or else colorado.

Denz
03-02-2005, 10:25 AM
My mate did something similar to that last summer. He got hooked up with a job at a U.S theme park. He had to work for a whole month to cover tha costs of everything then he went traveling for a month all around, east to west.

*~Leah Bia~*
03-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Where in the US are you moving to?

If you are close to Canada, you can bar hop there ;)
That's what I did until they fucking banned me from the country...LOL
Bastards!!!

Alistair
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Where in the US are you moving to?

If you are close to Canada, you can bar hop there ;)
That's what I did until they fucking banned me from the country...LOL
Bastards!!!

No idea yet. There is a trade fair here in Melbourne when all the top ski resorts come over and try to convince us to work with them. Whistler, Aspen, Sun Valley, Copper Mountain... no idea.

A lot of details to work out yet, but I am adament that I want to spend next winter there. It will be frustrating coming from Australia where I am overage for anything and everything however I have been told it's easy to get a fake international student ID.

*~Leah Bia~*
03-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah, that's gotta be weird. Well, welcome to America, it's a great place ;)

Don't come near Michigan if you are here for winter!!! It sucks...snowing AGAIN...Ugh.

Bren
03-02-2005, 12:09 PM
My mate did something similar to that last summer. He got hooked up with a job at a U.S theme park. He had to work for a whole month to cover tha costs of everything then he went traveling for a month all around, east to west.
i worked in a theme park in new jersey last summer
6 flags great adventure
where did ur friend work?

Bren
03-02-2005, 12:10 PM
ali get a fake id card here www.fluxcard.com
my friend got a fake one last summer for the us

Slackerbitch
03-02-2005, 02:39 PM
lucky fucker goin 2 america

Tyke
03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Illness, if they put you insome shitty AZ resort, Ill hit ya up, and buy your booze..:D

Alistair
03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Illness, if they put you insome shitty AZ resort, Ill hit ya up, and buy your booze..:D

When did it last snow in Arizona?

Denz
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
i worked in a theme park in new jersey last summer
6 flags great adventure
where did ur friend work?

I don't think it was 6 flags cause I would of remembered. I know he was on tha east cost, might of been philly. I'll ask him tonight or tomorrow, I think he's doing it this year aswell.

Peace

Bren
03-02-2005, 06:13 PM
6 flags great adventure was like 20 minutes from philly and about 30 mins from new york
its the main park in that area so it cuda been...

JUNGLEBITCH
03-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Oi sheepshagger, out of interest, does ur accent annoy you?? it would annoy the fuck outta me, so how do u live with hearing urself maaaaaaaaaaate!!! lol :)
just a question out of interest!!

Tia
03-02-2005, 07:58 PM
When did it last snow in Arizona?

It usually does snow in the mountains.

Alistair
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
It usually does snow in the mountains.

*goes straight back to geography class*

Slackerbitch
03-03-2005, 01:10 PM
^lol I suck @ geo.