PDA

View Full Version : Riot Act

Saintish
12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
hey i found this.....i think it is strange....

We were read the Riot Act, claims D12
19:23 AEDT Mon Dec 13 2004

No action will be taken over claims by American rappers D12 that they were lectured by an immigration official on appropriate behaviour before being allowed into Australia.

The Detroit-based rap group, linked to rap music supremo Eminem, said an immigration staff member had told them they must obey certain behaviour codes if they wanted to enter the country when they arrived in Perth on Saturday for the first leg of their Australian tour.

Eminem accused the federal government of taking Australia back to the dark ages by reading the riot act to his rap crew members.

An immigration department spokeswoman said it was standard procedure to ensure anyone entering the country on an entertainment visa met appropriate standards of behaviour.

"Entertainment visa applicants are considered against the requirement of the migration act which includes an assessment of their ability to meet character requirements," she said.

"In some cases the department may discuss appropriate standards of behaviour for the person visiting the country based on expectations of the Australian community."

Asked if behaviour standards had been discussed with D12 members, the spokeswoman said she could not comment on individual cases.

However, she said no action would be taken by the immigration department in relation to D12's accusations.

The controversial rap group, formed in the late 1990s by six friends from Detroit, has enjoyed worldwide success with songs such as Purple Pills and Fight Music.

Members of the musical outfit include Eminem, Bizarre, Proof, Kon Artist, Swift and Kuniva but each member also has an alter ego, hence the name The Dirty Dozen (D12).

D12 played a live show in Perth on Saturday and will play at Festival Hall in Melbourne on Monday before heading to Sydney, Brisbane and then New Zealand.

WHAT DO YOU THINK

I'M THE BOSS
12-21-2004, 07:57 PM
i think thats interesting....

D12_gangsta
01-20-2005, 06:24 PM
i think dats bull shit. why would d12 even do somthing like dat?

Flight
03-17-2005, 05:10 PM
^ true dat

D12_gangsta
04-09-2005, 05:42 AM
dat was b4 when i saw their concert last year dec 15th. d12's manager was furious about dat dark ages thing