PDA

View Full Version : Eminem To Stop Piracy With Last Minute Work!

.M.
09-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Eminem plans to combat piracy of his new album Encore by finishing it just days before it goes on sale.

The 31-year-old hopes to prevent his work being sold on the internet by getting the album in the shops before the thieves get a chance to put it online.

A source at record label Universal says, "The security on this album has been taken to another level, so much so that it won't be completed until the week before it comes out.

"Em is keeping some things in his head and will work flat-out to finish it just a few days before it goes on sale. "It's the only way to ensure it won't leak out."

The rapper's 2002 album, The Eminem Show , had its release date brought forward by a week at the last minute, to combat rampant internet piracy.

In related news, Em's ex-wife Kim Mathers began treatment for drug abuse at a facility in Minnesota yesterday (September 15th ), according to a spokesman for the Michigan corrections department.

Earlier this week, Macomb County circuit judge Edward Servito released Mathers from jail early so she could go to the Hazelden drug treatment centre in Center City, Minnesota, says corrections spokesman Russ Marlan .

Mathers had been sentenced to 120 days in jail and was not scheduled to leave until December 4th. She is scheduled to be in drug treatment for 30 days. If she successfully completes it, Marlan says Mathers will continue her two year probation, which is set to end in January 2006.

It's not the first time Mathers has tried treatment. She's twice dropped out of a court-ordered drug treatment program and served some jail time earlier this year after walking out. She was placed on probation after pleading guilty to charges of possessing 25 grams (0.88 of a pound) or less of cocaine and failing to give adequate space to an emergency vehicle. The charges stem from a 2003 traffic stop in Michigan's St Clair Shores.

*Princezz*
09-17-2004, 09:20 AM
omg! Encore hasn't even been fully recorded yet! Just think of the possibliities...

on a lesser note, the main cause of leakage for TES was because of the mass production in CD factories, the workers were knicking copies and flogging them onto the internet.
So not releasing the CD to the CD factories till a few days before is VERY clever...

Props M!!!

Emshutzup
09-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Eminem plans to combat piracy of his new album Encore by finishing it just days before it goes on sale.

The 31-year-old hopes to prevent his work being sold on the internet by getting the album in the shops before the thieves get a chance to put it online.

A source at record label Universal says, "The security on this album has been taken to another level, so much so that it won't be completed until the week before it comes out.

"Em is keeping some things in his head and will work flat-out to finish it just a few days before it goes on sale. "It's the only way to ensure it won't leak out."

The rapper's 2002 album, The Eminem Show , had its release date brought forward by a week at the last minute, to combat rampant internet piracy.

In related news, Em's ex-wife Kim Mathers began treatment for drug abuse at a facility in Minnesota yesterday (September 15th ), according to a spokesman for the Michigan corrections department.

Earlier this week, Macomb County circuit judge Edward Servito released Mathers from jail early so she could go to the Hazelden drug treatment centre in Center City, Minnesota, says corrections spokesman Russ Marlan .

Mathers had been sentenced to 120 days in jail and was not scheduled to leave until December 4th. She is scheduled to be in drug treatment for 30 days. If she successfully completes it, Marlan says Mathers will continue her two year probation, which is set to end in January 2006.

It's not the first time Mathers has tried treatment. She's twice dropped out of a court-ordered drug treatment program and served some jail time earlier this year after walking out. She was placed on probation after pleading guilty to charges of possessing 25 grams (0.88 of a pound) or less of cocaine and failing to give adequate space to an emergency vehicle. The charges stem from a 2003 traffic stop in Michigan's St Clair Shores.
i think i heard it from somewhere, i think!

.M.
09-18-2004, 07:00 PM
omg! Encore hasn't even been fully recorded yet! Just think of the possibliities...

on a lesser note, the main cause of leakage for TES was because of the mass production in CD factories, the workers were knicking copies and flogging them onto the internet.
So not releasing the CD to the CD factories till a few days before is VERY clever...

Props M!!!

yeah thats what I was thinking too. This idea is amazing.

~~MaRSHall~~
09-18-2004, 07:26 PM
^^I AGREE!^^

*Princezz*
09-27-2004, 10:04 PM
yeeeeeeeeah...

Spike
09-28-2004, 05:13 AM
That's all good an all but it won't work!

Piracy isn't caused because people want it early, it's caused by people not wanting to pay for it.

I mean if I wanted the album for free I would just wait for the first day of it's release knowing fullwell someone will buy it and upload it. Then I get it for free and Eminem still loses money.

Eminems problem is he is living in a dream world.....

you can't stop piracy!

*Princezz*
09-28-2004, 05:36 AM
that is true

and wow Spike is back whats going on :p

Spike
09-28-2004, 06:37 AM
that is true

and wow Spike is back whats going on :p
Well Denz' server went down and the two other forums I post on were both on there (I think this one is too seeing as he owns it) so i was looking through my old faves list and came across this.

When the server came back online I decided to take a peep. I don't know many people here now though by the looks of it :s

*Princezz*
09-28-2004, 07:52 PM
oh well

you can always been new people

.M.
09-29-2004, 08:00 AM
That's all good an all but it won't work!

Piracy isn't caused because people want it early, it's caused by people not wanting to pay for it.

I mean if I wanted the album for free I would just wait for the first day of it's release knowing fullwell someone will buy it and upload it. Then I get it for free and Eminem still loses money.

Eminems problem is he is living in a dream world.....

you can't stop piracy!

very true man